What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calculator that does percentage

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've downloaded two iPad calculators now and can't figure out how to do percentage on them.
Anybody have a good calculator app that does percentage, preferably a free app :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, it's not free (costs $.99, USD) - but "Calculator LCD" is a nice, basic calculator that has the percent key. I like it because it takes up the whole screen, making it easy to tap the buttons.

Again, not free, but maybe worth a look?

Marilyn

OP
A

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the help. Most appreciated. :)

oberkc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Or you can simply remember that percent (per 100, 100 centimeters in a meter, one hundred cents in a dollar) is a relatively simple math concept. Ten percent, for example is 10 per 100, or 10/100, or .10.

If one cares not to understand the math, simply move the decimal point two places to the left so that 6.5% becomes .065 and multiply this and your base number to get your answer.

For example 6.5% sales tax on $49.50 is .065 x $49.5 = $3.22.

I have no use for a percent key. I find it easier to remember the math concept than how to use a dedicated percent key.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Calculator+ does percentages and it's also free.

OP
A

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Terrific replies. Thanks to all of you.

Most reactions

Latest posts