What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

calculator???

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
yesterday, saw an article about some calculator bug in iOS, and I thought...”calculator? what calculator??”

there is/never was an Apple-supplied calculator on this Mini 2, which is why I bought one from the app store. I’m happy to support the developer community and the calculator I downloaded does everything but wash my car..but why doesn’t iOS ship with a calculator...or do some iPads have one, others dont?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad doesn’t have a built in calculator app, but you can use Spotlight Search to solve equations:
72B51A88-2A59-4128-8A2C-0B3C931AC4CA.png

The iPad is not the only device that uses iOS 11. There’s also the iPhone, which comes with a calculator app, so the article you read might have referred to problems with the iPhone’s app.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
BTW, there are several free ones in the app store...

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I like tinyCalc, a decent calculator app that includes a Today widget so it's just two swipes away from anywhere (used to be only one swipe before iOS 11).

I also like MyScript Calculator, which accepts finger-drawing input, including fairly complex equations.

Most reactions

Latest posts