What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

By Pass Forgot Passcode iPad 3 ios 5.1.1 Need Help

daynie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello All

This thing make me so frustating
:( I forgot ipad passcode then I try couple method and no one works.
• Try to modify com.springboard plist thing.. by adding <key>SBParentalPIN thing.., edit or delete keychain-2.db then respring, reboot, etc and didn't work
• Try to put ipad into dfu mode than restore use specify ipsw iPad3,3_5.1.1_9B206_Restore and didn't work (..device isn't eligible for the requested build thing..)

Please help any advice and suggest would so appreciate much

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but if you have forgotten your password, there is no way to recover it. The only thing you can do is restore your iPad to the most current iOS (which is iOS 6.1 as of this writing).

And, unfortunately, if your most recent backup was made when the passcode was running, you won't be able to use that backup to put on your iPad (as the password will still be there). You will have to restore as new; so your iPad will be just as when you got it from the store.

Sorry, but Apple made a VERY strong password.

Marilyn

P.S. And you got errors when you tried to restore because you tried to use iOS 5.1.1. That iOS is no longer authorized by Apple - you must install iOS 6.1.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To add on to Marilyn, after restore you can try using something like iPhone Backup Extractor to piece out your data and put them back on your device.

Most reactions

Latest posts