What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2 stuck on ios 5.1.1

ahmadnawaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have an ipad 2 which is on iOS 5.1.1.

If I try to upgrade to iOS 6.x through iTunes I get errors while upgrading. Tried to re-install 5.1.1 and didnt work. Used tinyumbrealla and ran through all possible options (like updating hosts files, etc) and it didn't work. Tried to downgrade to 4.3.3 and that didn't work either.

I have SHSH blobs saved for multiple versions and I tried updating to all of them through itunes/redsnow and it doesn't work.

When I bought this ipad it was on 4.x. I did upgrade to 5.1.1. I am quite sure that it wasn't an OTA upgrade.

The final thing I tried through redsnow is to reach on this message:

"it seems the apticket flashed on the device cannot be re-used......"

Do I have any option left?? Or I will be stuck on 5.1.1 forever? Any help is highly appreciated :)

OP
A

ahmadnawaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I have already tried the above fail-safe approach but no success. Basically, I am trying to restore 6.0.1 and my hosts file is default.

- Restore with Itunes (TU off): The ipad "...." couldn't be restored. This device isnt eligible for requested build. More Information button redirects me to Apple's webpage with error messages details.

I turn on TinyUmbrella and I have blobs saved for 4.3.3, 4.3.5,5.0.1,5.1,5.1.1,6.0.1,6.1.2. If I open up cydia, I have SHSH blobs saved for 4.3.3, 4.3.5, 5.0.1, 5.1.1, 6.0.1, 6.1.2.

I start the TSS server in TU and then try to restore 5.1.1 through ITunes again, I get error 11. I can see from TSS log that a SHSH blob was served through TSS server and not from apple's servers. I repeat the same process with ipad in DFU mode and no success.

Tried to restore 6.0.1 and exactly same result.

I moved to redsnow 0.9.15b3. Extras > Even More > Restore with iPad in DFU Mode (5.1.1). I get the APTicket message.

What do you think should be the next option?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You didn't read and understand the guide. You must only install the latest current version of iOS. That is 6.1.2 today. Anything else cannot be done via that method. You cannot use TU and saved blobs to restore 6.0.1.

Follow the guide to the letter and you should get it restored.

Most reactions