What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Browser

Cynh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Although I have had my iPad for a few years I rarely used it until recently. I was a Sony laptop lover. However, I am loving the iPad now. Because I am familiar with Firefox I am wondering if it's a good choice for iPad? All thoughts appreciated.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Cynh - you've been here a while (2012) but not many posts - welcome! :) Tells us which iPad you own and what iOS is installed, i.e. you may need to do some iOS updating depending on your device's model - as you likely know Safari is part of the Apple operating system on these devices - that is what I (and many others) use - have you given that browser a try? If so, do you have issues or complaints? Plenty of other browsers will work on the iPad depending on your needs and preferences, so please provide us some more information concerning why you specifically mentioned Firefox - Dave

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've tried several, and liked Mercury's feature set best, but on my iPad 3 and iOS 9 Mercury is just too sluggish. No iOS browser is going to be faster than Safari, because Apple will not approve a browser unless it's actually Safari inside. I tried Firefox, which has been my desktop browser since it replaced Netscape because of its extension ecosystem, but it's simply too minimal in iOS to be useful to me. Its only advantage is bookmark sync with desktop Firefox. But it's free, try it yourself.

OP
C

Cynh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Cynh - you've been here a while (2012) but not many posts - welcome! :) Tells us which iPad you own and what iOS is installed, i.e. you may need to do some iOS updating depending on your device's model - as you likely know Safari is part of the Apple operating system on these devices - that is what I (and many others) use - have you given that browser a try? If so, do you have issues or complaints? Plenty of other browsers will work on the iPad depending on your needs and preferences, so please provide us some more information concerning why you specifically mentioned Firefox - Dave
My iPad software says it is up to date. I am running 9.2.1 I have two issues with Safari. It is extremely slow. Firefox is faster so far for me. Also I have no idea how to see the topics I subscribe to using safari or Apple. Maybe if I got that figured out I would be ok.:)

Most reactions