What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best ipad browser

Lpatrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Being new to iPad I am wondering if sticking with Safari browser is best? Can someone tell me if Firefox's iPad browser or for that matter another brand superior to Safari?

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
New version of safari is mean't to be mucg faster. Due out with 4.3.
Personally I use several browsers for differing reasons.
iCab for tabs and the fact it goes full screen without the menu bar. Puffin for flash video and Browser+ as I like the interface and keep hoping the devs will refine it.....
Safari remains my goto however.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I use Safari until it doesn't do what I want. Then I got to Atomic or Puffin. I keep meaning to try iCab, given all the kudos it gets on this forum.

In the end, you can't delete Safari, and all other apps default to opening Safari, so you'll end up using it much of the time anyway.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Skyfire but don't use it too often and find that I really just use plain Safari just like twerpoet says-kind of ends up being it anyway.

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
In the end, you can't delete Safari, and all other apps default to opening Safari, so you'll end up using it much of the time anyway.

FYI - If jailbroken, check into BrowserChanger in Cydia - it let's you set your "default" browser, so that the browser of your choice becomes the default browser that is open when opening a link from Mail or any other application.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
twerppoet said:

FYI - If jailbroken, check into BrowserChanger in Cydia - it let's you set your "default" browser, so that the browser of your choice becomes the default browser that is open when opening a link from Mail or any other application.

Thanks for the info. Something to keep in mind if I ever decide to go that route.

Nikonstorm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a new user, but use Atomic browser on my iPhone and iPad because I like the full screen feature. I also got the Skyfire Browser for Flash video. I will have to check out Icab also!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here. Safari still ends up being the go to browser in the end. I do also have Atomic browser, Full Browser, Skyfire, and Puffin. Atomic and Full browser are great. Puffin wrks when u want to view flash only sirptes n content. Also streams the music or sound from flash site at the same time. Im disappointed with skyfire. On mobile phones, it the fastest browser out there next to opera mini. On ipad, skyfire loads pages slow, imo. It doesnt make good use of their servers on ioad version. I will check out the icab browser n see how well it fares against my arsenal.
WTH happened to opera min ipad version that been was supposed to be released? Anyone know details on it? Id take opera mini or opera mobile, ipad versions.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
+1 for Atomic
+2 for iCab - tried it out due to the forum posts here, and it is awesome. Thanks gang!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, i just got icab also. Its great! Postimg from it now ;-)

Kevin W

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use atomic browser because of the tab browsing, cant live without my tabs! Will try iCab though as it seems to be a popular choice here.

Most reactions

Latest posts