What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best ipad browser

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Don't like any alternative browsers in all honesty. I find Atomic the second best, which is what I use. Safari is my fav although it doesn't do tabs.

As soon as ios5 is released Safari will be number 1 again :)

Last edited:

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Of course :)

Thing is, as another member said, the subject is subjective. A browser is a browser. They market desk top browsers in a simlilar way - which is best, most secure, fastest etc etc. Basically seen 1 seen them all in essence.

I've tried 5 or 6 iPad browsers. They all do the same thing really. Just pick your personal fav.

Personally, the lack of tabs is the only thing that let's safari down for me.

Ideasmiths

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was searching for a good browser too and found dolphin browser HD.

The features are
a) Clean look
b) Gesture to load a favourite page, eg G for google, Y for youtube. You can customise it.Gesture for other functions like closing tabs etc.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The features are
a) Clean look
b) Gesture to load a favourite page, eg G for google, Y for youtube. You can customise it.Gesture for other functions like closing tabs etc.

I've used the Dolphin browser on my Android Smartphone for nearly two years and I like it very much. The gestures are useful and customizable. It loads fast and works well on the iPad. Since I'm forced to use Safari when going to a browser from within an application, I've gotten used to it but it's still a PITA. I've tried several others (not including iCab.) The Atomic browser worked relatively well but I've shifted to Dolphin since it became available.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've used the Dolphin browser on my Android Smartphone for nearly two years and I like it very much. The gestures are useful and customizable. It loads fast and works well on the iPad. Since I'm forced to use Safari when going to a browser from within an application, I've gotten used to it but it's still a PITA. I've tried several others (not including iCab.) The Atomic browser worked relatively well but I've shifted to Dolphin since it became available.
Dolphin seems to have a more advanced, Firefox-like gesture feature than I have seen on other iPad browsers. Thanks for the recommendation. I'll live with it for a while and, at the same time, strongly encourage spending time more with iCabMobile.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gotta love them gestures... Yessir! Dolphin looks like a keeper. :)

Last edited:

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score

The features are
a) Clean look

Thanks so much... :)

Ideasmiths

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those who need privacy, the Maven browser is also nice and fast. It has a jot dial on the right (not that we need it, but it's good to have). But the best part is that you can set a passcode before entry to the app. Some people have some websites that they don't want to share with other prying eyes B-)

mzl.hybiqlxu.320x480-75.jpg

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use Icab because it allows me to upload photos direct from my iPad, Safari doesn't have this feature the box is Breyer out. The only annoying feature in Icab is I have to log in every time on forums if I go to use another program. I have set up saved forms with a password but that only works with the normal login screens.

Most reactions

Latest posts