What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broken ipad 2 touch screen. Replacment options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiTakko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dropped my ipad 2 on concret today. I do have a smart cover and a back case on when i dropped it. Right now i have a very large crack on the screen, and the top right corner is also damaged. The device still functions, but it really bothers me..so what are some options for me? Should i go to apple or one of those private owned electronic repaire shops that repairs ipad? Also approximatly how much is it going to cost to have the touch screen and the back cover replaced? And just the touch screen alone? Please let me know. Thank you!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there, Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your screen and backing damaged from dropping onto concrete. I would suggest that you contact your local Apple Store to make an appointment with a Genius. From there they can provide you with an estimate as to how much you want for both back and front replaced or whichever you prefer.

For me, I would not choose a private electronic shop to repair it. If you have that done than your Apple warranty becomes null and void.

There is a very lengthy thread regarding cracked screens. A simple search will give you links to that one and many others. This may provide you with further assistance.

Good luck.

Tablet Tart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it's too expensive to repair, I know someone who stuck a clear plastic film across the front and back to hold it together, and then let the kids have it. Then bought themselves a new one, cost more then repairing it but they ended up with two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts