What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bought an iPad4 that is on 6.01, can I still upgrade to 7.0-7.6 and Jailbreak?

Alucard77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey All,

I just got an iPad4 today for a great price. So naturally I want to jailbreak it. It is on 6.01 at the moment. I need to update it to at least iOS7 for the Xfinity TV app. So is there still a way to update to 7.* and still Jailbreak?

If so how?

If not, should I just upgrade to whatever Apple is now up to?

Thanks for the help as always.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey All, I just got an iPad4 today for a great price. So naturally I want to jailbreak it. It is on 6.01 at the moment. I need to update it to at least iOS7 for the Xfinity TV app. So is there still a way to update to 7.* and still Jailbreak? If so how? If not, should I just upgrade to whatever Apple is now up to? Thanks for the help as always.
I'm afraid that the only iOS version you can upgrade to is iOS 7.1.1, the most recent iOS version. There is no way to upgrade to any other version. If you want to keep your jailbreak, you'll have to stay on your current iOS. If you want Xfinity, you'll have to upgrade to iOS 7.1.1 and will lose your jailbreak.

OP
A

Alucard77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
7.1.1 is pretty close to being hacked correct? Well, in theory.

Btw, thanks for the quick response.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
7.1.1 is pretty close to being hacked correct? Well, in theory.

Btw, thanks for the quick response.

Technically speaking, every iOS can be jailbroken. Whether or not a utility is released publicly is a different story. 7.1 and 7.1.1 has been jailbroken by winocm, i0n1c and ih8sn0w. i0n1c is a troll, and ih8sn0w and winocm have no intentions of burning the iBoot exploit.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Technically speaking, every iOS can be jailbroken. Whether or not a utility is released publicly is a different story. 7.1 and 7.1.1 has been jailbroken by winocm, i0n1c and ih8sn0w. i0n1c is a troll, and ih8sn0w and winocm have no intentions of burning the iBoot exploit.

How come he is a troll?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How come he is a troll?

@i0n1c always only releases videos. The only time he releases anything is when it's obsolete, such as 4.3.5 at the signing of iOS 5, which was later jailbroken by several groups. Same went for 5.1 and the iPad 3, which he posted a video but didn't release anything. Take the non-major players' teases as a grain of salt. Sure @ih8sn0w and @winocm both tease a 7.1/7.1.1 jailbreak, but it's already been stated by them that if the iboot exploit is patched, they'll tool and release it immediately. @i0n1c teases the video, gives it a name, and pretty much just makes it look pretty for the attention. Until something is mass distributed or distributed at an alpha or beta phase to reputable hackers, it's not worth banking on a release publicly

Most reactions

Latest posts