What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black or white iPad 2?

Black or White?

• Black

Votes: 340 60.5%
  • White

Votes: 222 39.5%

• Total voters

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jmorton10 said:
And the white border can be quite distracting when trying to view a movie.

That's a matter of opinion. I have white and it completely diappears to me when watching YouTube or Netflix, etc.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

dobbey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like white. Its what seperates the iPad 2 from the original. And I like white

Sent from my Desire HD using iPad Forums

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the thing is that u dont find that many WHITE iphones around...so yes white is different and not everyone recognizes it for a giant iphone or ipod touch :p

In all fairness, the white iPhone 4 never made it to market on time.
Who knows what sales of it would have been had it been around for nearly a year.

In the end, it is all a mtter of personal taste.
Folks that like black better will never convince folks that like white beTter and visa versa.

However, as I proved to myself by buying one of each color, note that your white's screen does not appear to the eye as intense as that on my black one.
Edge to the black.:D

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When they make tv in white then maybe I will think I am am wrong about black looking better . But your paying for it get what you like.

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In low light its actually white that luks better!

Not from my comparison.
I did it outside, inside day time, inside night time with house lights on, inside night time with lights off.
In all cases (now remember, most folks will use the first three scenarios the most), the black's screen was brighter than the white's.

Has anyone ever wondered why do 99.9% of televisions come with black borders?

Markswheels

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I prefer the black. Like others have mentioned, the white border to me is distracting.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wth! Whoever has used the white for a long time knows that its NOT distracting and Infact makes ipad look like a unique device rather than a large iphone or ipod touch a:p

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wth! Whoever has used the white for a long time knows that its NOT distracting and Infact makes ipad look like a unique device rather than a large iphone or ipod touch a:p

I love the way folks refer to an item with production in the MILLIONS as "unique".

What is so bad about looking like a large iPhone or iPod Touch.
They are both awesome devices in their own right.

Hey, whatever makes one happy.

So far, the poll is as I would expect.......50/50.

Brother Dog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is white because i used tonhave a black ipad classic. Now that i have an ipad 2, i wantbthe world to know from afar haha

jmbarker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Black. Same with my iPhone 4 and iPod Classic. Do not understand why white versions were made.

Most reactions

Latest posts