What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black or white iPad 2?

Black or White?

• Black

Votes: 340 60.5%
  • White

Votes: 222 39.5%

• Total voters

beary7823

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 1 is black and now it belongs to my husband. My latest iPad 2 is white :)

n0xire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the black iPad2 is for those first time ipad user. I have used first gen ipad and i had a black ipad2. It feels like i didn't have a new one because the first was all black. I sold my ipad2 and im getting the white in few minutes.:D

hotstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tinman said:
I am liking the white more and more. Really seems to show off the LCD better in my opinion. In dim light though you don't even see it, so I don't get the distraction comments--specially if only playing with one in the glare of an Apple Store or Best Buy.

EDIT: After comparing my iPad to iPad 2 I noticed that the screen on my iPad 2 is noticeably brighter and has more "pop" than my original iPad... at all brightness settings. So I could be liking a black iPad 2 just as much lol.

Michael

I agree, we just got my mom in law a whir one and after a few days I also noticed the screen was more comfortable, looks nicer on the kitchen table too during breakfast

Sent from my iPad2 64GB wifi 3G using iPF

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the white one, because the red model was sold out. Now I ordered the black Ipad for my wife. She wanted the red one as well, but still no stock.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

cvadh387

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the white one.. I wanted something other than black since my ipod touch is black..and i like the look of the white ipad better. For the second generation of ipads, i really appreciated the fact that we were able to choose between white and black

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

TravsiPhoneHelp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Chriztofor said:
When you are paying $500+ you can be choosy! I walked away from a white one. I am afraid of the glare and that it will draw your eyes to it when watching video.

I got the white and I am very happy with it, it looks great and the glare is not the bad(only in really right light) and watching movies is fine. I like it much better than my friands black iPad.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

carlosarias1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i purchase the white one at best buy on my last trip to new york, and i must say i was concerned at first but with time i began to realize that it looks actually really good, i also must note that i had an black ipad 1 and sold it to purchase this one, and i'm not regretting at all.

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
White ipad 2 Just looks great...its much better than the black when u compare them together and also doest luk like a GIANT iphone :p the screen also pops!

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
White ipad 2 Just looks great...its much better than the black when u compare them together and also doest luk like a GIANT iphone :p the screen also pops!

Lol, this is why it is great that we can make that choice.

My boss bought a white one because it was all he could get at the time, but after comparing it side by side with my black one he returned his and waited for a black one.

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score

LOL

....and the white one doesn't?
Doesn't look like a big "white" iPhone?

I like both colors but have to disagree with you that white looks better.
To me, black looks classy. The white looks cheap.

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
the thing is that u dont find that many WHITE iphones around...so yes white is different and not everyone recognizes it for a giant iphone or ipod touch :p

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like both colors but have to disagree with you that white looks better.
To me, black looks classy. The white looks cheap.

And the white border can be quite distracting when trying to view a movie.

Most reactions

Latest posts