What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Web Browsers for Ipad

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After the step-up of Safari on iOS 7, I've actually strayed away from Chrome since the load-up time can take about 5-8 seconds on average for me. But Safari on iOS 7 aside, Mercury is on the top of the list for me. Chrome and Photon are runner-ups.

If you're looking for free ones, then the top 3 I would recommend would be Mercury (there's a free version and a paid version), Chrome and Puffin (if you're looking for a flash browser)

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Mercury here, as well. I like its feature set and the gesture-driven navigation with extensive customization possibilities.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I downloaded a browser named AdBlocker to see how it handles several forums I use that extensivley sell ad space. So much so that using the forums is painful.

AdBlocker effectivley blocks somewhere around 80% to 90% of all the ads......

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What are the differences in the paid version of Mercury and the free version?

I'm sure I didn't pay anything, and now of course all I see is an iCloud icon instead of a price. I may have gotten it in an Apps Gone Free promotion. I see a Pro version in the App Store that appears to be identical to the non-Pro version. The publisher is iLegendSoft.

BTW, I just enabled the Mercury bookmark sync with Firefox on my iMac. It seems to work as expected.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What are the differences in the paid version of Mercury and the free version?

Supposedly it restricts the number of tabs that you can have opened at a cap if it's free. I believe it's 5 tabs at most. I was given a redemption code for it from my company for the paid version, and I uninstalled it and re-installed the free version, and I see no difference. I tested it out on another device without the paid version previously installed and I see no difference. They probably removed the cap and just made the free version identical to the paid version.

AlexisW

iPF Novice
Reaction score
First I got the free version and liked it, so I then bought the Pro version for $.99

I do not see any differences at all. That's the reason I asked. I thought that I was missing something.

Pretty shabby having identical versions with the only difference being $.99!

The last update crashes like crazy.

carp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like Appolo browser, it also includes adblocking which seems to work well, i find it faster at loading a page than Safari so it is now my default browser

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Like wiilerz2 I've gone back to safari. It has a lot of nice features. Used to prefer Chrome which I use on my PC.

Bookslive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like Mercury. Because it works well. And Mercury is the most handy and it's free!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited by a moderator:

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Depends if your jailbroken or not. If your not jailbroken, Safari is always the best. If you are, you can use jailbreak tweaks to switch browsers. Chrome is the best if jailbroken.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts