Best Web Browsers for Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad OS' started by sajjad42, Oct 1, 2013.

1. sajjad42

sajjad42
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    which one is the best web browser for my IPad

2. willerz2

willerz2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    After the step-up of Safari on iOS 7, I've actually strayed away from Chrome since the load-up time can take about 5-8 seconds on average for me. But Safari on iOS 7 aside, Mercury is on the top of the list for me. Chrome and Photon are runner-ups.

If you're looking for free ones, then the top 3 I would recommend would be Mercury (there's a free version and a paid version), Chrome and Puffin (if you're looking for a flash browser)

3. LannyC

LannyC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Mercury here, as well. I like its feature set and the gesture-driven navigation with extensive customization possibilities.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

4. Blue92

Blue92
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I downloaded a browser named AdBlocker to see how it handles several forums I use that extensivley sell ad space. So much so that using the forums is painful.

AdBlocker effectivley blocks somewhere around 80% to 90% of all the ads......

5. AlexisW

AlexisW
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    What are the differences in the paid version of Mercury and the free version?

6. LannyC

LannyC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I'm sure I didn't pay anything, and now of course all I see is an iCloud icon instead of a price. I may have gotten it in an Apps Gone Free promotion. I see a Pro version in the App Store that appears to be identical to the non-Pro version. The publisher is iLegendSoft.

BTW, I just enabled the Mercury bookmark sync with Firefox on my iMac. It seems to work as expected.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

7. willerz2

willerz2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Supposedly it restricts the number of tabs that you can have opened at a cap if it's free. I believe it's 5 tabs at most. I was given a redemption code for it from my company for the paid version, and I uninstalled it and re-installed the free version, and I see no difference. I tested it out on another device without the paid version previously installed and I see no difference. They probably removed the cap and just made the free version identical to the paid version.

8. AlexisW

AlexisW
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    First I got the free version and liked it, so I then bought the Pro version for $.99

I do not see any differences at all. That's the reason I asked. I thought that I was missing something.

Pretty shabby having identical versions with the only difference being $.99!

The last update crashes like crazy.

9. carp

carp
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I like Appolo browser, it also includes adblocking which seems to work well, i find it faster at loading a page than Safari so it is now my default browser

10. Husq250

Husq250
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Atomic works well.