What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Web browsers

marcomann77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If i have too many web browsers on my ipad 2 will it slow it down or is there a good fast browser app out there safari good but not all the time opera running slow whats the best one

Sent from Mark Bailey iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
How many browses you have on your iPad should make no difference. Only one can run at a time. Safari is the fastest (with a caveat) browser on the iPad. This is because it is currently the only browser that can take advantage of Apples new improved javascript engine. That might change soon, but no telling.

The caveat is Opera, as you've noticed. Opera works through a server that optimizes (compresses) content before it sends it to the iPad. For certain types of sites this can make it faster than Safari. It may also reduce the viewing quality of the site, but you pay a price for everything.

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to say the new Dolphin HD is pretty dang fast for a 3rd party choice. There is a plethora of good choices out there though if speed isn't the primary concern.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks. I may have to check Dolphin out. I liked it on my Droid X, but have my doubts about how similar they could have made the iOS version.

Pazuzu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.wtfcinema.com
marcomann77 said:
If i have too many web browsers on my ipad 2 will it slow it down or is there a good fast browser app out there safari good but not all the time opera running slow whats the best one

Sent from Mark Bailey iPad using iPF

I know what you mean... Im looking for the best one too... So far I'm torn between atomic and photon (just because of the flash).

YOU ARE TEARIN ME APART, LISA!

Most reactions

Latest posts