1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Best. Time-waster. Ever.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by LannyC, May 21, 2013.

1. LannyC

LannyC iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +322 / 0
    It's called GeoGuessr (I can't post a link, but you'll find it). You find yourself in Google Street View, somewhere on the planet. Your challenge is to drop a pin on a map designating your initial location; the closer you guess, the more points you earn. You cannot exit Street View to a map, but you are free to "drive" around in search of clues. A game comprises five location challenges. Feel free to use any online tool at your disposal, although I think dropping a screenshot onto Google Image Search would be cheating.

So far, I've reached the 31,500 range, but can't seem to break 32,000. Budget about an hour for each complete game. Addictive, isn't it?

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,690 / 0
    Oh, this is fun, thanks!

And, for the Google impaired - here's the link: http://geoguessr.com/

Marilyn

P.S. I learned two things with this game (1) it's much easier to play on the iPad than the iPhone and (2) I'm not very good at knowing my location...at all! :)