Best screen protector with NO bubbles ?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by claire9971, Dec 29, 2010.

1. claire9971

claire9971
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I bought a screen protector from my local Comet, (now I forget which make it was though) and it is awful, it has left loads of horrible bubbles and it makes my Ipad look so cheap, pictures to show will be posted below. So who can honestly speak good words about a screen protector which they have? Please dont say I heard this ones good, I need you're own personal word because you have had it.

Attached Files:

2. Blackbelt

Blackbelt
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    There is reason Apple does not carry any screen films for Ipad.

3. kvizzel

kvizzel
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Screen protectors aren't really needed.

Ever go into an Apple store and see their products covered in protectors?

Wonder how many people touch those things, and still just a simple wipe and it's brand new!

4. iPadUser

iPadUser
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    If you want a good and durable one, The Zagg Invisible shield is a good choice. It is very strong and durable. To apply it, takes some time and patience. I suggest if you do get one, go to a local Best-Buy and they will install it for a small fee. Mine came out with no bubbles and looks perfect. This type of screen cover though leaves behind a faint "Orange Peel" effect. Some people say it alters how sensitive the screen works, but it works fine for me. Or you could just leave it without one. Apple made the screen so it doesn't scratch easily but I guess if you want to be extra safe then this would probably be one of the best choices. To get more info just google it, or look through these forums for a thread about it.(There are many)

5. DaveSt

DaveSt
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Moshi iVisor. This protector goes on in about 10 seconds with no bubbles. If I can put this thing on anybody can.

The iPad screen is made of very rugged glass, but it only takes a grain of sand to make a scratch. Talk to any pro photographer and ask them what the easiest way to scratch a lens is. Chances are, sand will be the answer.

6. zorah

zorah
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    +1 for the Zagg Invisible Shield. I opted to have mine installed by BB, and the employee did a fine job. No bubbles whatsoever. I do second that it leaves the apt described "orange peel" look, but faint is a good descriptor. I don't really notice it much, and I like my expensive tablet protected! I come from years of screen protectors on devices, and the Zagg is great. I don't have any issue with it affecting screen sensitivity- my screen is smooth as silk.

7. Ravynmagi

Ravynmagi
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Don't those bubbles usually come out after a few days of use?

I'd imagine any protector could come with or without bubble depending on how carefully it's applied.

8. iPadUser

iPadUser
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    When you apply it, there are maybe a few small bubbles, but if you leave your ipad alone for about a day they all go away and it looks perfect. If there are any bubbles that persist after a few days, Best buy will replace it with a new one for no extra charge im almost positive.(if you had them put it on in the first place) But if all goes well there shouldnt be any bubbles.

9. chowdown

chowdown
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Do they cover their lenses with protective film?

10. iPadUser

iPadUser
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Actually there are some protective films you can put over lenses that won't deteriorate from the image quality that much. Not that it is common by any means.