What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best multitouch iPad games?

Game_Writer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, we finally have a good platform that uses multitouch, but I haven't really seen any good games that make use of it. If you know of any, please post here.

Now, I know many games USE multitouch (like, for example, making a virtual controller onscreen), but are there any games that REALLY USE multitouch well? I mean a game that you can't really play without multitouch and it just isn't a gimmicky use of something that doesn't really NEED it?

I have really seen any so far. I am a software engineer by trade, but not yet familiar with iPad development, but am considering trying it to make some good use of the multitouch interface. I'd like to see some good examples, if you know of any. I'm thinking of a pretty cool puzzle arcade game that would work well, but I'm still in the thinking stage.

Dar

OP
Game_Writer

Game_Writer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, good call on the Multipong! I didn't even know four separate points could be detected on the iPad. Nice. That's exactly what I was talking about.

I'll check out the flight simulator as well, but was looking for something simpler.

Thanks, guys!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can't remember where I read it, but I saw an article that claimed the iPad could recognise 11 simultaneous touches. Both hands and a nose I assume......

Ars Technica probably but it was a couple of months ago.

Emepegel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Knight Defense HD, you'll end use multi touch to beat more difficult levels. :) Great original game, don't believe the snapshots in its game description, the game worth much more.

rong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
StarPagga – Best Multiplayer 3D space-shooter for ipad

Most reactions

Latest posts