What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Diabetes Apps ?

iPad2needhelp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What are the best diabetes apps & another apps that will help with diabetes management please ?

OP
I

iPad2needhelp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't want to wade through tons of apps then delete them. Just need the " best of the best " please ?

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Let me know after you wade through them all,would love to know which you finish with.

OP
I

iPad2needhelp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Diabetes Buddy which is $ 4.99 and this is the best one in the app store.

I had hoped for a free one but sometime buying something in the app store is truly worth it and this is one of them, especially when it comes to serious health issues like diabetes.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would suggest that you try Diabetes Buddy Lite for free. It will give you a basis to evaluate whether to spend money on the full version.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Everybody! :)

I was just checking the American Diabetes Association and they have listed several apps that can help to control Diabetes.

Some of these apps come in either a free version and/or paid version. I believe the most expensive one is Glucose Buddy ($6.99).

So have a look at some of these recommendations to monitor you glucose level and diet/carb counting.

Glucose Buddy (free or $6.99)

image-1257071507.jpg

WaveSense (free)

image-2638064168.jpg

Vree (free)

image-1309060232.jpg

Lose it (free-iPhone)

image-2017105194.jpg

Calorie counter by MYNetDiary

image-3253182585.jpg

Last edited:

mark2015

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Diabetes Buddy which is $ 4.99 and this is the best one in the app store.

I had hoped for a free one but sometime buying something in the app store is truly worth it and this is one of them, especially when it comes to serious health issues like diabetes.

It is true, I saw it to my friend who have also a diabetes it is very helpful for him to manage his DM.

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Hi Everybody! :)

I was just checking the American Diabetes Association and they have listed several apps that can help to control Diabetes.

Some of these apps come in either a free version and/or paid version. I believe the most expensive one is Glucose Buddy ($6.99).

So have a look at some of these recommendations to monitor you glucose level and diet/carb counting.

Glucose Buddy (free or $6.99)

Wish I'd seen this sooner, because I can tell you from personal experience that glucose buddy is not that great an app on the iPad. It works great on the iPhone and iPod touch though :)

Also, it is insanely expensive to enable all the features, especially if you want to enable two-way syncing between the website and your device(s).

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wish I'd seen this sooner, because I can tell you from personal experience that glucose buddy is not that great an app on the iPad. It works great on the iPhone and iPod touch though :)

Also, it is insanely expensive to enable all the features, especially if you want to enable two-way syncing between the website and your device(s).

Oh that's too bad that you didn't know about the free version first to test out before buying . Thanks for letting us know how it works on the iPhone and iPad.

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As a medical publisher (print and digital), we'd be interested in producing a diabetes app because we develop a ton of diabetes content in print on a monthly basis (for patients and doctors).

We've learned from experience that coming up with features and ideas for a medical app in the office (consulting our medical editorial team) is often counter-productive because what we perceive as being cool, useful features are often not what people with conditions want from an app. So if there any diabetics here that have a wishlist for a diabetes app, we will take these on-board and look at developing a comprehensive app. The app will be free when it's published.

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We have a new diabetes app coming out soon - we'll let everyone know when it's ready.

Most reactions

Latest posts