What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Health app

Pauley

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why is it some apps will connect to Apple health app, and others do not? For example, being a diabetic I use the MySugar app. It says it can connect to the Apple health app, but not on the iPad. Why is that?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hard to say. Ultimately it is up to the developer.

Other than bugs or other issues, the only thing I can think of is the in app purchase status. Sometimes extra features are blocked in the free/unsubscribed versions. If you bought/subscribed on the iPhone, make sure you go to the app's settings (usually the ones in the app itself) and restore purchases. Assuming the apps works that way. Some don't.

I've never used MySugar, but I don't see anywhere in the description that says it syncs with the Health app. Also, not developer website to go to for support or questions. I also don't really like their privacy practices. Seems a bit loose for a medical lapp.

Now, if you meant MySugr, I have used it in the past. It is one of the better options. However they only make it for the iPhone. It can be run on the iPad, but is just going to look like a big iPhone app. It's possible that because they don't acctually make an iPad optimized version, that the Health App sync just doesn't work on the iPad.

They do have a website, and contact info, so you could ask them what's up.

I never really found a blood glucose tracker I liked, or didn't have reliability issues. Once the Health app started working well, and Apple added the Medication tracking, I just do all my entries directly in the health app (or use a shortcut.)

It doesn't do all the fancy reports and graphs, but my doctor never asks for that detailed info any way.

Most reactions

Latest posts