What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best app for streaming 720 to iPad over internet?

XenapZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I travel alot and I would like to be able to have easy access to my movies even when Im not on my own wifi.

Right now Im using XBMC and SMB Shares while Im at home but how can I make this work when Im outside my own network?

Im willing to use another app then XBMC if that is easier but I would prefer XBMC. If I haveto use another app its important that it supports most formats since I dont want to convert 8+ TB of material.

Im using a Jailbroken iPad 2.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could you be a tad more specific? I dont have a NAS unfortunatly so Im not sure wich of the threads apply to me.
Read this thread, it's a good introduction to what NAS is and how you can use it. One of the uses IS streaming video from your NAS device to your iPad, which can be anywhere in the world with an Internet connection to your NAS device. What is NAS and what can it do for you?

OP
X

XenapZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Read this thread, it's a good introduction to what NAS is and how you can use it. One of the uses IS streaming video from your NAS device to your iPad, which can be anywhere in the world with an Internet connection to your NAS device. What is NAS and what can it do for you?
Thanks but thats doesnt really help me at all since I am well aware of what a NAS is and I dont have one.

I was simply wondering if anyone could point me to a guide as to how I would set it up so I could access the videofiles on my computer when Im outside the network. My computer is always on and I therefore see no reason to purchase a NAS when there should be a simple way of doing it with just a PC and a router.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like something I could use, do you know if it can play RAR though?
I don't know, because I've never used it myself. I saw it and thought it might be useful to you. You could try contacting the company to ask them.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts