What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery Health Option?

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello all,
Can’t find the below option in settings, battery. Article said it’s supposed to be in the new IOS13 for IPhone and IPAD.
Don’t see it!
Thanks, Ken

If you normally charge overnight while you sleep, Optimized Battery Charging will keep your iPhone's battery at 80% for most of the night, finishing off the last 20% of charge right before your alarm goes off.

To use the new features, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health and turn it on.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As already mentioned by Johanna, the iPhone iOS has a 'Battery Health' feature which is missing in iPadOS - however, the iPad's battery specs (i.e. health & cycle count) can be determine depending on what other hardware you may own - take a look at this recent thread and specifically post #6. Dave :)

PrismStudios

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.prism-studios.org
Fresh, hot screenshot from my iPhoneX....... 49215ABB-7EAB-4EC2-842E-B6B13ACE4574.jpeg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I was just after that charging method Laura. Not a health meter or cycle count. Ken

I’m not sure that feature is as useful on an iPad as it is on an iPhone.

Most people use/charge their phones on a very predictable schedule. Also, the last 20% charge can be very quick, less than an hour.

If you use an iPad like I do, the charging is unpredictable. It may be plugged in most of the day, or barely at all. I may forget to plug it in at night all together (though that’s rare). It also takes a lot longer to charge, which means that last 20% could take a couple of hours. I don’t have one of those overpowered fast chargers.

The last thing I want is my iPad to hover at 80% charge, just because it thinks I probably won’t be using it for another two hours.

You and others may use and charge your iPads on a more regular schedule. It’s even likely. In that case this feature might help. My heavy use of the iPad means I often need to charge it mid day. By habit, I plug it in whenever at home and not holding it.

Just some thoughts on the subject, and some possible reasons it’s not as big a priority for iPads as iPhones (in Apple’s view).

Most reactions

Latest posts