Battery is not retaining its charge for very long - new behaviour.

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by WesternGuy, Jul 3, 2014.

1. WesternGuy

WesternGuy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    A few days ago, my iPad started going from a fully charged battery to almost totally discharged battery in a period of less than a day. In fact if I wanted to leave overnight, so that the alarm would go off in the morning, I had to ensure that it was plugged it. Prior to that, it would go for three or four days without requiring a recharge. My usage pattern has not changed, so I am wondering if this means I need to get a new battery installed (if that is at all possible), or is there some other factor that I should be looking at. Any insight that anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

WesternGuy

2. abababababab

abababababab
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
  3. WesternGuy

WesternGuy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the URL. My main problem is not so much concerned with "improving" battery life, but in trying to figure out why it started to be so bad a few days ago, when nothing was changed, that I know of. The URL that you gave is quite useful, but this still does not explain why my battery life started to get so bad "all of sudden", or at least that is how it seems.

WesternGuy

4. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi, welcome to iPF!

Did you install a new app recently? This could be the reason for sudden battery drain, depending on the app, of course.

What you can try anyway, is to restart your iPad (turn it off, then on again), reset it (press and hold Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, release both and let it power up on it's own) and force close apps (double tap Home button to reveal multitask bar, in iOS 7x slide picture above app icon towards the top of the screen) and watch your battery usage again afterwards.

Next thing to do would be to restore it. If this doesn't help, you should take it to the next Apple store.

5. WesternGuy

WesternGuy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks J.A. I will give this a try and if it doesn't work, then I guess it is off to the Apple store.

WesternGuy

6. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I hope it will help.