What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery charging

Switchatko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just got the new ipad and am wondering about the battery charging...
Heard its not the best to charge it during the night as it stays at 100%
obviously its good to format battery once a month(drain completely and charge fully)
But other times, its so unpractical to charge it during day as it charges for quite a long time.
I heard its the best to start charging when its on about 15% and charge up to 80-90.
Cheers

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just got the new ipad and am wondering about the battery charging...
Heard its not the best to charge it during the night as it stays at 100%
obviously its good to format battery once a month(drain completely and charge fully)
But other times, its so unpractical to charge it during day as it charges for quite a long time.
I heard its the best to start charging when its on about 15% and charge up to 80-90.
Cheers

There is no harm in charging the iPad overnight. Once it reaches 100%, it will go to a maintenance type "trickle charge," in that it will just continue to top off. The iPad won't let itself be harmed by leaving it charged it ... it's a programming thing that Apple took care of for us. So, I charge mine at night. That way, I can have a nice charge when I start using it the next day...

It doesn't matter what percentage its at when you charge it. The only thing you really need to do is run the battery down about once a month (to zero or as close as you can stand it) before recharging it. This has nothing to do with the battery, it's just to keep the charging monitor calibrated so the percentage reading remains accurate.

So, charge it at night and then go have fun!

Marilyn

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I charge my iPhone every night, there is no harm in keeping it charged. With modern batteries though, they could be harmed if left discharged for a period of time.

Most reactions

Latest posts