What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Autofill not working on iPad Air

Larry69RT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Autofill hasn't worked since the latest update, I've tried everything I can think of and it's time for some experts help, please!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's possible that I'll suggest something you've done, since I don't know what you've tried before.
Here goes:
In Settings - General - Keyboards - All Keyboards, enable "Shortcuts".

In Settings - Safari - Autofill, make sure "Names and Passwords" is enabled.
If Safari is in Private Browsing mode, it won't fill in your information automatically. It looks like this:
image.png

If that's the case, tap the button at the top right, and then you'll find "Private". Tap it to disable Private Browsing.

OP
L

Larry69RT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's possible that I'll suggest something you've done, since I don't know what you've tried before.
Here goes:
In Settings - General - Keyboards - All Keyboards, enable "Shortcuts".

In Settings - Safari - Autofill, make sure "Names and Passwords" is enabled.
If Safari is in Private Browsing mode, it won't fill in your information automatically. It looks like this:
View attachment 69175
If that's the case, tap the button at the top right, and then you'll find "Private". Tap it to disable Private Browsing.

OP
L

Larry69RT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, it worked! The things I don't know far exceed what I do know.
Thanks again,

Larry69RT

Most reactions

Latest posts