What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turning on Autofill

Sam070

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried turning on autofill but when I tap My Info I get a list of email addresses I've written to. I've tried typing my name in but that doesn't work.

Can someone tell me what I'm missing?

Thanks

Sam

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have you done all the following:
Tap Safari in the Settings app.
Tap Passwords & AutoFill. ...
Slide the Use Contact Info switch on, if it's not. ...
Tap My Info to tell Safari which contact in the Contacts app is you.
Slide the Names and Passwords switch on to have Safari remember user IDs and passwords when you log on to websites.

OP
S

Sam070

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for replying. I've done what you mention down to tapping My info. When I do that none of the contacts is me!

OP
S

Sam070

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I've done as you say. I went to a site that needed my name and email address & started to print these in. I expected Auto fill to take over and complete the information but it didn't.
What am I still missing?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Doesn't Autofill appear at the top of your keyboard? I haven't used my iPad in ages, but that's where I find it on my iPhone. Just touch it to populate the fields.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Doesn't Autofill appear at the top of your keyboard? I haven't used my iPad in ages, but that's where I find it on my iPhone. Just touch it to populate the fields.

That's what should happen. I am puzzled it's not working for Sam.

OP
S

Sam070

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there such a setting in the iPad Pro? I can't find it when i Click Safari.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As @Jupiter7 says, if you are in Private mode you'll have a black background, otherwise it's grey.

To switch between them, slide a finger down on the Safari page, touch the icon showing two squares bottom right of the screen and you'll see Private show up bottom left. That toggles between private and normal.

OP
S

Sam070

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So. not in private mode then.
By the way - there is no such icon as 2 squares at the bottom of the Safari page. Are we at cross purposes here? Are you referring to iPad and not iPad Pro?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
IMG_7938.PNG

iPhone, actually. Someone with an iPad Pro will have to chime in here. I didn't realize the method of opening multiple webpages was different on a Pro.

Most reactions