autofill eraser

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by nammi, Mar 31, 2013.

1. nammi

nammi iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    does anybody have any info whether this tweak works on 6.1.2 ?
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,989 / 0
    After a check on Cydia, a search of the iOS 6 compatibility list and a Google search - I can only say: there is nothing that says this tweak is compatible with iOS 6.1.2. Sorry.

My only suggestion is to contact the tweak developer directly. He (or she) is the only one who will know for sure. I know that I don't want to try it out (not with needing to protect the jail break).

Marilyn
  3. nammi

nammi iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    yeep .. done all the researching myself but no definite answer .. even at cydia no clear description .. it is not blocked for incompatibility, but the latest update only at 5.0.1. ..

i have e-mailed the developer .. hopefully there will be a clear info ..

thenks for the response, marilyn
  4. nammi

nammi iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    finally got the response from the developer .. Autofill eraser works only up to iOS 5.x .. For iOS 6.x there is a new function built-in for removing recent history, thus Autofill Eraser is no longer needed. According to the developer Autofill eraser has served its purpose in history

The new function is by clicking the " > " button alongside the contact email address that has been stored on the entry list. This will then bring the contact detail page that will have "Remove From Recent" button
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,989 / 0
    Oh, see - I am SO glad you asked about this! I did not know Apple had FINALLY fixed the "old e-mail addresses are never cleared from my e-mail" problem. You asking the developer the question has given an answer so many people have asked about. :)

Do note that you will only get the blue arrow button on an e-mail address you don't have in your address book/Contacts. But, that's how it should be. Those contact addresses are there because you put them there, not because you once sent one e-mail - or made an error with an e-mail address.

So, I tested it and discovered that if you remove the e-mail address from your Contacts, a blue button will then appear next to their name (when creating an e-mail).

Hurray! I can now clean out all the flotsam left over from years of e-mail. :)

Again, thanks for asking the developer and then coming back to tell us. I'm now off to modify the "Ultimate Tweaks List" to reflect this change...

Marilyn
  6. nammi

nammi iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    a new discovery makes a lesson learn everyday .. cheers, marilyn