What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audio recording and battery life.

JoaoCorreia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post, been lurking about for quite some time now and decided it was time jump in, although I'm asking for guidance.

So, I know there are quite a few apps that record audio while we take our notes, and they we can play the lessons back, but I'm slightly concerned about my iPad battery life, meaning I'm looking forward to 8 hours of courses throughout the day and I wonder if the iPad can handle one day of recording, taking notes and some web browsing, well... a normal college day that is.

Thanks in advance!

João.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should be OK - the iPad battery life is a realistic 10 hours - helped by the fact that it turns on and off in an instant, so it's possible to switch it off for just a couple of minutes whenever it's not needed. Keeping the LCD brightness down helps the battery life, for sure - it's by far the biggest consumer of battery power and, when you don't need it, turn off WiFi, 3G and Bluetooth.

But 8 hours should be just fine.

Tim

OP
J

JoaoCorreia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's Nice to know! thanks for your quick reply! Will probably make some testa before enroling in class next month and share my results.
Thanks again!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - would be good to know. Also, you might find an opportunity - during the lunch break, for example - to boost the iPad battery if you can find a power outlet. But, I use mine all day and I realistically get a full 10 hours out of it.

Tim

OP
J

JoaoCorreia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm really fond of the upad because of the close up writing, as I write with the wrist kinda twisted so the other appas don't really work for me. You reckon noteplus for closeup writing? Thanks!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With Notes Plus this might be an issue because it wants you to write handwriting in a straight-line...have a look at the videos..

Tim

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm really fond of the upad because of the close up writing, as I write with the wrist kinda twisted so the other appas don't really work for me. You reckon noteplus for closeup writing? Thanks!

Both Notes Plus and Note Taker HD provide a "zoom" function for handwriting that may be useful for you. However, as you note, neither takes into account the needs of left-handed writers for a "wrist pad." As far as I know, only Penultimate (of the many apps I've tried), provides a movable wrist pad. It's very handy but unfortunately it does not provide other important features for me.

Neilyo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both Notes Plus and Note Taker HD provide a "zoom" function for handwriting that may be useful for you. However, as you note, neither takes into account the needs of left-handed writers for a "wrist pad." As far as I know, only Penultimate (of the many apps I've tried), provides a movable wrist pad. It's very handy but unfortunately it does not provide other important features for me.

I believe notes plus will be releasing a left hand function with version 3 but I'm not 100%. Since I'm right handed it hasn't been an issue for me.

OP
J

JoaoCorreia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to mislead you, I'm not left handed, I just write with my wrist sort of twisted like most of left handed do, but I do it with my fightar hand. I don't think there will ever be a palm pad for this, ao the only way I can write accurately is by using the close up writing. I got note taker HD aswel, anyone tried the pro version and can let us know if it recognizes our handwritting acurately when transforming it to type writing?

Most reactions

Latest posts