1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Audio recording and battery life.

Discussion in 'iPad at School' started by JoaoCorreia, Sep 9, 2011.

1. JoaoCorreia

JoaoCorreia iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello, this is my first post, been lurking about for quite some time now and decided it was time jump in, although I'm asking for guidance.

So, I know there are quite a few apps that record audio while we take our notes, and they we can play the lessons back, but I'm slightly concerned about my iPad battery life, meaning I'm looking forward to 8 hours of courses throughout the day and I wonder if the iPad can handle one day of recording, taking notes and some web browsing, well... a normal college day that is.

Thanks in advance!

João.
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    You should be OK - the iPad battery life is a realistic 10 hours - helped by the fact that it turns on and off in an instant, so it's possible to switch it off for just a couple of minutes whenever it's not needed. Keeping the LCD brightness down helps the battery life, for sure - it's by far the biggest consumer of battery power and, when you don't need it, turn off WiFi, 3G and Bluetooth.

But 8 hours should be just fine.

Tim
  3. JoaoCorreia

JoaoCorreia iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's Nice to know! thanks for your quick reply! Will probably make some testa before enroling in class next month and share my results.
    Thanks again!
  4. Tim SPRACKLEN

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    Yes - would be good to know. Also, you might find an opportunity - during the lunch break, for example - to boost the iPad battery if you can find a power outlet. But, I use mine all day and I realistically get a full 10 hours out of it.

Tim
  5. Neilyo

Neilyo iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ive had no problem with 4 consecutive 1.5 hr classes using Notes plus.
  6. JoaoCorreia

JoaoCorreia iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm really fond of the upad because of the close up writing, as I write with the wrist kinda twisted so the other appas don't really work for me. You reckon noteplus for closeup writing? Thanks!
  7. Tim SPRACKLEN

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    With Notes Plus this might be an issue because it wants you to write handwriting in a straight-line...have a look at the videos..

Tim
  8. jsh1120

jsh1120 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    Both Notes Plus and Note Taker HD provide a "zoom" function for handwriting that may be useful for you. However, as you note, neither takes into account the needs of left-handed writers for a "wrist pad." As far as I know, only Penultimate (of the many apps I've tried), provides a movable wrist pad. It's very handy but unfortunately it does not provide other important features for me.
  9. Neilyo

Neilyo iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  10. JoaoCorreia

JoaoCorreia iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry to mislead you, I'm not left handed, I just write with my wrist sort of twisted like most of left handed do, but I do it with my fightar hand. I don't think there will ever be a palm pad for this, ao the only way I can write accurately is by using the close up writing. I got note taker HD aswel, anyone tried the pro version and can let us know if it recognizes our handwritting acurately when transforming it to type writing?