What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Use of Ipad's great hardware - beyond the Apps... - please share!

gravasse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I teach in a UK school (age 6 to 15) in London where we have interactive whiteboards and was just given the task to lead a pilot scheme introducing Ipads for teachers, with the aim of improving our teaching.

I have owned an Ipad for a year now and I love it!

However I have done a lot of research and discovered that apps for education exist in legions but that very few are actually really good. From a teacher point of view, pages, numbers and especially keynote are great and perfectly usable with apple tv2 to mirror. Apart from these and note taking apps, it seems there are enough apps to cover a few weeks of a given curriculum but that is about it. Quite disappointing really...

On an app based device, where does that leave me? I want to make full use of this and I would hate for it to be seen as yet another gimmick!

Hardware? Video, video editing, app-embedded photo taking, sound bites, beautiful screen... My colleague in Drama and PE have already come back to me saying this would be great for their lesson. I can m ake use of this in French as well with role play, listening activities or audio recording, along with a potential use of facetime/skype. I now someone who has use them for pupils on a scavengers hunt based session with photo, video and audio recording of objects around the school.

This thread is aimed at sharing your ideas about making the most of this hardware for any subject for any level of primary AND secondary education. Any comments welcome!:)

Guillaume

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There was a thread started by another teacher suggesting the use of FaceTime in the classroom, so that classes around the world can interact. Might be useful to get a class in France or Canada to help out in their "langues maternelles" with yours. Could be a lot of fun, too.

By the way, Guillaume, welcome to the forum. Hope you find it useful.

Most reactions

Latest posts