What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 4.3.3 terrible battery life

Reaction score
I have the iPad II with 3G and I use it at work mostly. I play a few games, surf the web, and look at a few you-tube clips. In a 9 hour work day I probably have it on for about 5 hours, and when I get home I have about 30% battery life left. I have had it for a couple of months, and I would swear that it's already using more battery life that it did brand-new.
I have the brightness at about the 1/3 level, and I keep wi-fi off because there's none available where I work, and I don't want it searching for it.
Maybe the next iOS will have power management improvements?

Ken

What about 3g? Do you leave it on all the time? That could be killing your battery if your signal is weak inside work. 3g uses more battery than wifi on phones so I suppose that'd true on a tablet as well. How about bluetooth? Is that off? That will make a difference as well. Push notifications can make a big difference as well, especially in low signal area.

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

Kendown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MB Mark...

Yeah, the 3G is always on, I never disable it. There are not a lot of places I get wifi, so it is necessary. I don't use Bluetooth for anything ( what do others use it for?) so I know it's not that. Believe me, I LOVE my iPad, it's the coolest thing ever, and it has not ever died on me from lack of battery. I just thought it would be a bit longer between charges.

Most reactions

Latest posts