What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ARGH! My iPad is ruined (isn't it?)

rickt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just turned on my iPad and I have a couple of inches of horrible squiggly pixels across the middle!

I have a picture but it won't let me link it.

I've not dropped it and it's been kept in a pretty robust leather case the whole time - however, I've just noticed a small dent in the aluminium on the back in the same place as the mess on the front.

I have an appointment at the genius bar tomorrow but does anyone know what they might say? Will the dent mean that they won't replace it?

katemcdonough

iPF Noob
Reaction score
help!

I'm embarrased that my question is so rudimentary. I'm new to Apple and was given a fully loaded iPad by a friend.

Question: What do I do to get the keyboard to come up on demand? I've been poking at the screen randomly and sometimes the keyboard appears and sometimes it doesn't.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure what this has to do with the topic in the thread, but the keyboard only comes up when it is supported. In other words, the keyboard won't come up if you are just on the home screen.

GeeWillikers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I push the home screen to the right, the screen goes into a search window and the keyboard pops up. Other than that, it's only there when you need it...

Most reactions

Latest posts