What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

are you a mac or a windows user?

are you a mac or windows user

• I am a mac user

Votes: 203 25.3%
  • I am a windows user

Votes: 403 50.2%
  • I use both

Votes: 197 24.5%

• Total voters

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read an article the other day that called the iPad a "gateway drug" that will lead some PC users to change to Mac for their next laptop or desktop.

I'm a Windows user, not a fan of Macs.

Same here. My iPad is my first Apple product since my old Apple IIe. Love my iPad, but am not interested in a Mac.

I do think that Apple has the upper hand currently for laptops, especially in the battery life and style department.

Fabytm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
windows user, mostly because I am a heavy gamer...but, I would prefer mac os, so beautiful!

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had to buy a mac two years ago because Logic had become a mac-only program a few years earlier.

My macbook is dual-boot with WinXP on the other side.

I'm only on the mac side when using Logic or the iPad. I've grown to really like Spaces and Expose, but the rest of OSX still leaves me pretty cold, eg, file management, app installation. Doesn't seem that user friendly to me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had to buy a mac two years ago because Logic had become a mac-only program a few years earlier.

My macbook is dual-boot with WinXP on the other side.

I'm only on the mac side when using Logic or the iPad. I've grown to really like Spaces and Expose, but the rest of OSX still leaves me pretty cold, eg, file management, app installation. Doesn't seem that user friendly to me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

I hear you. What I think what that is called is familiarity. I dual boot Windows 7 and OS X on my main computer, mainly because I seem to be the family tech support guy and we have both kinds of users. I feel much more comfortable in the Windows world because I have been using it for so long. I used to be on the fence when people asked me what OS I thought was better, but honestly with Windows 7 I feel like MS finally got it right. Now the only time I boot OS X is to tinker or help someone out. I can't wait to see what Apple will be doing with OS X in the next major overhaul however.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already voted before. I do use both systems, and have dabbled with Linux as well. My main desktop at home is a Mac. Hubby uses Windows. I also have a netbook that is Windows 7, but I don't use it anywhere near on a daily basis. So my home is a multi OS environment, but my desktop and use is all Mac. Therefore, I personally use Mac as my primary system. At work, it's all Windows. I already had an iPhone long before iPad came out and got the iPhone out of the same intrigue as many people. I would have gotten it even if I never got a Mac. Have used a Mac as my primary system for about 6-7 years now, as I still have an older iMac in use at home too. So my iPad is no reflection really of using Mac at home. I am a gadget interested person all the way around.

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still have a PC in the home, but since bringing home the iPad, it hardly gets used anymore. We also have an iMac, which gets used more than the PC, but the iPad is used more than either computer by a large margin. About 6 months ago, I would've said both, but now, considering that our next computer purchase is going to be a MacBook air, with no plans on using the PC for anything (it was turned off and unplugged several months ago), I'd have to say that our family are officially Mac/iOS users :). It only took about 3 years to make the complete switch from PC's to Mac. My wife was the diehard PC user in the family, until our PC started running so slow and crashed enough times for her to find herself using the Mac. Soon after, she got used to it and though she complained a lot in the first month or so (both the Mac and the iPad) I now have to wrestle the ipad out of her hands sometimes! She is actually the one who wants the MacBook air more than me. Didn't see that coming just 6 months ago :p

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I run both Mac and Windows (XP, Vista, and Win 7) but seem to spend most time lately on Mac OS. I haven't actually been "on" my Windows box in over a week.... I just RDP in from my Mac, iPad, or iPhone. And on top of that I run Windows through Parallels and VMWare. Also run Ubuntu and Chrome OS....

Michael

Kendra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really enjoy using macs. They are so user friendly! Don't want to hate on windows.. but if i had to choose there would not be a competition for me :)

Canadian144

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Currently I'm a PC user, but planning to get a mac soon. Will probably get the new Macbook Pro (when the new ones come out in April 2011) sometime this summer, and possibly a Mac Mini sometime sooner.

arci

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i used both..in office we used windows..and at home i have an hp win7 and a mac with os x..i find windows more convenient to use for my work but with regards to syncing my ipad i used the mac..ipad sync better with mac i believe..purely aesthetic though..:D

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At work I have to use Windows but at home I have been using OSX for the best part of 10 years.......although I have had to use a netbook to do some DMX lighting control stuff. I would much rather be 100% OSX though!

The Archangel

sylvanis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm forced to use a win machine at work, but at home it's a Mac. Besides the iPad, iPods, there's a Mac Mini attached to our tv as a HTPC and probably a MB air 13" this summer.

Most reactions

Latest posts