What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Soon there will be 2 kinds of people. Those who use computers & those who use Apples

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Soon there will be 2 kinds of people. Those who use computers, and those who use Apples." -Apple, early 80's

Interesting how this statement has held true nearly 3 decades later.

Though I grew up using macs in school throughout the 80's, like many, I found myself using a PC for roughly a decade (96-06) before walking into an Apple store for the first time and walking out 45 minutes later with a Mac mini. I've been an Apple user since.. Followed up with iPod nanos for my wife and I, then another Mac mini, then an iMac, an iPhone, an iPod touch, an iPad, and another iPhone.

Of all of these, the iPad stands out as my favorite, with the iPhone and Mac mini closely followed. Next Apple purchase? A toss up between a MacBook air 11.6" and a next gen iPad. Now that the clamcase has officially gone on sale, giving the iPad a whole new form factor, I have to say that I find the iPad to be the most versatile mobile computing device to date.

I found this site by accident, but am glad I did. I look forward to exploring and learning more about the iPad and its new community of users!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Had a hackingtosh for a while (along with slackware and win7 boxes ) but my experience with the iPad lead to the arrival of a macmini which is a superb piece of kit.
Love the size and it's silence.
Just a shame that that the hard drive is so limited, but thinking of a SSD conversion.

Small is beautiful but portable is best......

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can remember in the old days taking delivery of a Mac plus when a couple of developers whom were friends off mine that had a company called Cassidy and Green sold me a 10 mb hyper drive. Yes 10mb that they installed in my mac plus. They were developing fluent fonts for the Macintosh. I was able to load pagemaker beta .9 and fonts onto the drive for testing with a laserwriter printer. We smiled at the huge amount of storage compare to the 3.5" floppy it had no fan and was super quiet. So when you talk about removing a huge hard drive from a mac mini to put in a solid state drive it makes me smile. Just for the techies the Macplus was floppy only we had to retrofit the drive which voided warranty if something went wrong ohhhh they were the days beta testing software, hardware pushing the envelope in seeing what we could do with the Mac. Attending Mac world in SF every year and Yes I lived in Monterey Cal for 12 years before returning to Australia in 1988

Last edited:

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My family and I have been using apple for the past 6 years and never looked back looking back is what PC is about. Old cluncky and slow not to mention behind times. It may be true that over 90 percent of people are still using PC however over 80 percent of the shoppers in the malls will be visiting the apple stores and most walking out with one.

OP
xune

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcomes! I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Definitely a nice forum here - great topics and discussions.

Most reactions

Latest posts