Kicked out of Safari

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by cmjacobs, Aug 5, 2012.

1. cmjacobs

cmjacobs iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have an ipad 1. While looking at a website in safari I will click to go to another page and, while it's loading, it will give me a black screen and then kick me out and go back to the iPad home screen. It doesn't happen all the time, but often enough to be very frustrating! Any suggestions on what causes this? Appreciate any help or suggestions.
  2. KevinJS

KevinJS Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +864 / 0
    Sounds like memory.

Try closing down apps in the multitask bar, and rebooting. That might help.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF
  3. Amy Rose The Hedgehog

Amy Rose The Hedgehog iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    This also happens to me, it's probably a glitch or something, it is frustrating sometimes, but it still works, if YouTube app videos won't load or something then I would try rebooting it.
  4. KevinJS

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +864 / 0
    Good advice,Amy, however, closing apps in the multitask bar is always a good idea first as they can use memory just by being there. The iPad 1 has half of the memory of the iPad 2 and the newer versions of iOS use more memory, so the iPad 1 is struggling.

You are right to recommend rebooting, as it tidies everything up once the system has been cleared.

If you want to copy and paste these instructions into Notes, you can use them with my compliments. You already know when to give them to people, and it will save you some typing.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Amy Rose The Hedgehog

Amy Rose The Hedgehog iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Ok, thank you :)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. cmjacobs

cmjacobs iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Thank you so much Kevin for the great advice. I had no idea bout the multi-task bar and there were tons of apps there. So I closed them and rebooted and will see if that helps. Is there any setting that will clear out the multi-task bar automatically? I looked around but didn't see one. Irregardless, I won't forget to do that from now on. Thanks again!
  7. KevinJS

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +864 / 0
    No. You cannot clear the multitask bar in one go, unfortunately, unless jailbroken. I believe there is a Cydia tweak that will allow this, but for stock iPads, we have to do them one at a time.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. evatsu11

evatsu11 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a related problem. i run a business where two subscribers have a browser conflict on their desktop after accessing my site from their IPad. Specifically, after logging in from the IPad and then later trying to login from their desk top, they get a blank screen instead of their customer page. Any ideas?
  9. Rickyboop

Rickyboop iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are you still having this problem? I still have it. It kicks me out so many times I am hating this iPad. I have done all things possible ... Which isn't much you can! I am starting to NOT recommending getting an iPad :(
  10. Rickyboop

Rickyboop iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It kicks me out so many times I am hating this iPad. I have done all things possible ... Which isn't much. I am starting to NOT recommending getting an iPad. I have been using my iPad for three years and this issue has only started in the last six months. It litteraly kicks me out every few second after logging into Face Book. I cannot believe this is uncommon but from searching this is the only site to get answers from? Very odd. If you have sources that could help me that would be great! Thanks.
  11. Roy Rob

Roy Rob iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +140 / 0
    You haven't mentioned what you have tried Ricky. Did you do as was suggested above and close apps in the task bar? Have you reset your iPad ?
    (and BTW you can edit your post by tapping just to the right of your avatar and select 'edit' from the pop up menu.) you could also download a free system app that will show you how much available RAM you have left, but you seem overloaded now so perhaps that is just going to make things worse. Let us know how you get on.

Sent using my iPad 2 - 16Gb - Wi-Fi
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Rickyboop

Rickyboop iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for your reply. I have done the usual. I am up to date on the latest version. I have the first generation iPad. 32Gb I have 22Gb free. I am on Wi-Fi. I have cleared off all the running applications in the task bar. I have reset. Ram I still have to check. Thank for link. Soooooo are many having issues? By doing those steps it should clear up?
  13. Sj22

Sj22 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have the problem with several apps. I've always closed extra apps and rebooted. It still happens. Next suggestion please!
  14. Roy Rob

Roy Rob iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +140 / 0
    It seems that you have a RAM problem Sj. When you say you do a reboot, what do you mean? Is it a full reset, both power and home buttons pressed until the screen goes blank, still pressed until the Apple logo appears then released, or a restart which is power button only until red 'off' slider appears. Has the problem started recently, perhaps just after downloading a new app? If so delete the app and see if that clears things up. Keep us up to date.
  15. Sj22

Sj22 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, I hold the button until I get the red slider bar, slide Tito turn off the machine. Then I wait about 20 seconds and turn the iPad on again. I added all the apps at once when I got the iPad
  16. Roy Rob

Roy Rob iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +140 / 0
    You are not doing a reset that way Sj. First double press the home button and the task bar will appear. Tap and hold one the apps until they all begin to jiggle. There will be a red minus sign at the top left of each app's icon. Tap each minus sign to close the apps, you are not deleting them just closing, when all apps are closed hold the power/sleep button AND the home button down at the same time. Keep holding them until the screen goes blank, if the red slider appears ignore it, keep holding both buttons down until the Apple logo appears. Now you can let go. The logo will stay on for quite a while and them the regular start up screen will appear. Slide to the ON position and you should be in good shape. Hope this helps but let us know.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
    • Like Like x 1