Apps are taking forever to download

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by dudeg, Aug 25, 2012.

1. dudeg

dudeg iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So my ipad 2 has always been fine but all of a sudden everything that uses wifi has been rediculiously slow. First I was watching videos in safari and they were not buffering at all but I just thought that because my battery was almost 10% that it just had to be charged. But I did charge it back up to 100% yet still the videos are buffering super slow and I wait almost 5 minutes for 10 seconds of video. Also apps are taking forever to download. It's been a half hour and this one app is not even half-way downloaded. and in safari i noticed that it takes longer than usual to load webpages and in the app store, it is taking much longer to just load. What's going on?

2. goofy8275

goofy8275 iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199 / 0
    When I started reading your post, I thought it was just a slow WiFi network. But 5 minutes to buffer 10 seconds of a video is CRAZY. What's your iPad's signal strength? You may need to move closer to the router. I would try taking the iPad to a Starbucks or another place with public WiFi and see if it's going unbearably slow. If so, it's a hardware problem. If it's going at a regular speed, it must be your network. Try rebooting your router by unplugging it for 5-10 minutes. Try closing apps, as there may be an app downloading something and therefore slowing it down.

Goofy