iPad 2 Slowdown issue...

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Brad Trent, May 1, 2012.

1. Brad Trent

Brad Trent iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Overnight, my iPad 2 has suddenly slowed down in every application that requires an online connection. It's a 16gb wifi version and I haven't installed a software update or any new apps prior to this slowdown, but all software is up to date. My wifi connection through my airport is fine...my iPhone 4s and MacBook Pro have no slowdown issues when connected on the same network. Safari and email downloads have gotten painfully slow. Connecting to Twitter or facebook takes so long I would swear I was using dial-up. Watching anything on YouTube is pretty much impossible...the initial connection takes about 30 seconds and then I will get maybe 20 seconds into a video before I hit a buffer wall.

Yes, I've restarted the iPad, many times. Yes I've synched to my computer. Yes, I have plenty of free space available...about 7gb free.

Thoughts?!!
  2. Skull One

Skull One iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +78 / 0
    For grins and giggle would you please try the free app App Store - Speedtest.net Mobile Speed Test and then do the same test from a PC that is wireless to compare the raw transfer numbers. This will help see where the issue lies.