What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

application for newspaper won't open anymore

iPaddebutante

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi all
i have an account with a french newspaper and an application where i could download magazines and read them. I can't anymore. Followed some advice I found in this forum , rebooting, deleting app then re-installing, there is plenty room on my ipad..nothing works. i even sent an email to customers service of this newspaper ( no response, yet).
anyone can help please?

many thanks !

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A couple of questions, if that's OK? First of all, you say you can't download copies of magazines etc using this app, but I assume that the app itself is still working OK otherwise. Can you read already downloaded copies of older magazines? Also - and please don't be offended by this question - but I assume that you have Internet access and can use Safari or email on your iPad?

If both of those seem OK, could you let us know the name of the app and the newspaper and we can investigate a little further and try to discover whether it's a problem at 'their' end or 'your' end. You seem to have done all the right things - rebooting, re-installing the app etc - so it's looking as though it might be a problem at their end of the link.

Tim

OP
I

iPaddebutante

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim

the app name is "courrier international " it used to work perfectly. Now i clcik the icon on the ipda it ipens then closes again in a split second.
Yes I do have internet and can read my magazine online as well but I prefer it on the iPad where I can read it offline and more comfortably seated.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - you say you've done a reboot, but I just want to be sure because the problem you have certainly sounds as though powering down the iPad completely - i.e. pressing and holding the Power button until the slider control comes up - would fix the problem.

If you've done that then perhaps it needs a real reboot (maybe this is what you really meant). Turn the iPad off and press and hold the Power and Home buttons until the white Apple logo appears - it can take 20 seconds sometimes - and then wait for the iPad to reboot - again it takes some time so you need to be patient.

Let's see if this fixes the problem....:)

Tim

OP
I

iPaddebutante

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately even after rebooting again ( the way u described ut) deleting again and re installing fm istore via iPad it still doesnt work :-(

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am puzzled - you've rebooted the iPad with the 'holding down the Power and Home' buttons for 20 seconds approach, you've deleted and re-installed the app and I'm presuming all your other apps are working OK.

If the app was working, would there be past stored copies of the magazine available for you to read off-line? The only thing that I can think of is that one of the past copies has become corrupted and, as the app tries to open it, it fails and the app terminates.

Does the app have any settings in the iPad's native 'Settings' app? I have a similar app for a British daily newspaper and, in 'Settings' that app has a setting that allows me to clear (erase) the past editions that I've downloaded. If you app has that facility it might be worth clearing the past editions that you've downloaded to see if that clears the fault.

Tim

OP
I

iPaddebutante

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim, will check now...honestly have no ideea where to find settings for this app. But will search on itunes as on ipad i can do nothing on it :-(.
And yes i could dowload many issues ....perhaps that is the thing then. I have called courrier international after having sent an email, they said they'll revert.

OP
I

iPaddebutante

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Tim, just a quick update to tell you all works ok now with this app....i needed to update my ipad !

Most reactions

Latest posts