What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Applications will not open.

atiminsky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to first generation ipad wifi 32 GB since October of 2010. None of my applications will open, not even the applications that are standard for the ipad like email, safari. I noticed I can open apps like calender and notes, so it seems when I connect to the internet the app will close. I also tryed to delete safari's cookies and history and once I hit clear the app will close and not delete the cookies or history.

I have done a soft restart and that didn't work, I reset my entire Ipad and re downloaded everything and that didn't work. I have also taken it to best buy and they couldn't figure it out.

Anyone have this problem or know how it can be fixed? If I can't figure out anything I'll jsut bring it to a Apple store.

Thanks.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Time to show the iPad who's boss....

OK - time for a reboot...

Turn the iPad off.
Now press and hold the Home and Power buttons at the same time for perhaps as long as 20 seconds until the white Apple logo appears. Have faith - it will appear eventually.

The iPad will reboot - this takes some time too.

Have another look to see if the problem is fixed...

Tim

OP
A

atiminsky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried this multiple times and it doesn't help.

I can't seem to find anything about it on google either.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
atiminsky said:
Anyone else having this problem. I need help!

Sounds like you've done a Restore in iTunes. If so I'd consider taking it to Apple. If that is not an option go to the hacking area and look into DFU mode. You may have to force a complete reloading of the firmware. Don't take my word for it though. Read up on it before you try. I don't know much about DFU mode; why and how to use it. I wouldn't have said anything, except the experts apparentlly haven't stumbled across your thread.

But just to make sure you've done a propper reset, I'll post the instructions for that below.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts