What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple stores getting mass shipment tuesdays

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My apple store said today most stores will be getting a mass shipment tomorrow. All versions will be available. "so get here at least buy 9 am to insure your make and model dude"he said.

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
^ Great post, thanks for that heads-up! I can't wait to get mine. I am glad for the short intermission between shipments. After researching this forum, apple support forums, and youtube, I now know that I can't use the Ipad 2 to import videos (from other sources besides Iphone cameras and Ipod cameras) into imovie. I will just get the base model. That just saved me $100 for the upgrade (32mb) plus $30 for the the camera connection kit.

MSaxatilus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great info! thanks for the heads up.

Anyone confirm this? I just checked my local Apple retail store and they were clueless as to when they would be getting any more in.

MSax

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In all the years I've shopped at Apple, I've never known them to tell anyone about how much product they're expecting, in person or over the phone.

Sorry, but I don't find the 411 to be credible. There is no way anyone outside of corporate or management that is going to have shipping information, and those kind of details have never been made public that I've ever seen. Imagine how information such as this would sound to a would be thief.

With iPad 2's being in such high demand (currently selling for as much as double on the internet and overseas), it would be the similar equivalent to a bank saying they're expecting a huge shipment of gold on a certain day and time.

Dubebone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the same info today at my apple store, but the employee there wouldn't guarantee it. I'll just be there at 9am and hope for the best

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dunno. Possible, but it would be out of step from anything I've heard before, but no matter.. I am trying to get an iPad 2 myself, so more shipments is good indeed. :)

I tried getting one over the weekend, but were sold out everywhere in my area. I tried Apple Stores, Walmart, Target, Verizon, and AT&T. I heard that Sam's Club had them, but also sold out.

4 people I know got their iPad 2 told me that they got theirs at the Apple store on launch day. I saw someone two days ago with an iPad two at the mall, and I asked them where they got theirs, and he said at the Verizon Store, and a friend of my wife said she got hers at Walmart.

I'm determined to get one by the end of the week! Anyone want to sell me theirs? :p

OP
J

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my info from the store manager . Me, 2 soccer moms , and a fat nerdy guy were ready to set if off in the store this morning. Because a guy lied to us saturday saying they would have more monday. And now i get back online and here is my story on the front page lol

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
^ Great post, thanks for that heads-up! I can't wait to get mine. I am glad for the short intermission between shipments. After researching this forum, apple support forums, and youtube, I now know that I can't use the Ipad 2 to import videos (from other sources besides Iphone cameras and Ipod cameras) into imovie. I will just get the base model. That just saved me $100 for the upgrade (32mb) plus $30 for the the camera connection kit.

For imovie to see all your vids....you have to sync pics/videos's thru itunes first. You might want to give ReelDirector a go...just as good and has more transitions...and will see all your vids without having to sync first. $100 for an extra 32mb?...wow...?!?

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score

For imovie to see all your vids....you have to sync pics/videos's thru itunes first. You might want to give ReelDirector a go...just as good and has more transitions...and will see all your vids without having to sync first. $100 for an extra 32mb?...wow...?!?

Thanks, but I gave up on that. Using my PC for that. imovie doesn't support a lot of formats and doesn't support HD. Not worth the hassle. But still getting the Ipad 2. By the way, $100 for an extra 16GB.

Last edited:

Dubebone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Called my store just now: no shipment today, but maybe tomorrow.

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FedEx has moved their delivery times out due to the continuing crisis in Japan. My Smart Case just went from a March 17th delivery date to Marlch 22nd.

Most reactions

Latest posts