What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple stores getting mass shipment tuesdays

Rotorcraft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know a guy who knows a guy that said a guy knew 4 guys (and a manager) that said a guy might be delivering more more on Wednesday...

Dubebone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol... I am truly impressed by the hype the IPad 2 ignited! I can't remember when there was a similar case in the history of technological devices... In NYC ppl are camping on the streets for the 4th night!
Although I am affected, too, I might not yet camp in front of my store here...

Jachrist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why not just pay an extra c-note and get one now??? It beats wasting 20 mornings waiting at the!apple store IMHO.

I would just wait if I didnt spend 6 hours waiting in line last Friday. Where were u all last week? :).

If you really MUST have one, find one on craigslist and try to reason with the sellers. I have some on my local craigslist and I would be happy to just make near $100 over what it actually cost me. I'm sure others Would have similar attitudes if you make quick cash offers.

I hope all you awaiting an iPad 2 the best of luck in finding one. However, I just don't see how apple could ship iPads to stores when millions of people have already ordered them online and are waiting as long as 5 weeks now.

Last edited:

Dubebone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw the line on Friday, turned around and ordered online. Estimated arrival April 6th. I will still call my local apple store every morning at 9:30 and ask if they got a new shipment. If they do, Mall opens at 10:00. And I would gladly cancel my online order tomorrow morning ;)

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So pissed right now that 4 employees and the manager said tuesday @ 9 be here. Its me and 34 people(did a head count) outside @ 8 am.

The store manager says"we are out of ipad 2 thats why we have a sign" everyone said wtf "we were told today @ 9 am. Then he goes on about who told yall and he needs names so he can deal with them.

Everyone got quiet because who wants a good employee that was just trying to help you get fired. So he's like well if noone can give names and some type of description. I can't help future customers.

Sounds odd to me. Why protect the store employees giving out false incorrect information? That isn't helpful at all. You made an extra trip and camped out infront of a store for over an hour because of these employees. Doesn't seem they are worth saving to me.

I'd be throwing them under the bus. :p

.. Like I said in my first post...

Which store is this again? What was this "managers" name?

eyeojo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Line of 60 people at Emeryville this am - announcement at 9:00 that they are in stock, but Verizon models only. Was planning on ATT for potential international travel, but am still in line...

eyeojo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
eyeojo said:
Line of 60 people at Emeryville this am - announcement at 9:00 that they are in stock, but Verizon models only. Was planning on ATT for potential international travel, but am still in line...

And they sold out 10 people ahead of me...argh

hoshnasi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
eyeojo said:

And they sold out 10 people ahead of me...argh

Out of curiousity how long were you hanging out after 9:00am? I heard we can line up at the store before it opens, but I can't be gone from work for very long.

Thanks!

eyeojo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hoshnasi said:
Out of curiousity how long were you hanging out after 9:00am? I heard we can line up at the store before it opens, but I can't be gone from work for very long.

Thanks!

A long time, I don't think they actually started selling until about 9:45...found out sold out around 10:30.

hoshnasi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hoshnasi said:

Thanks!

A long time, I don't think they actually started selling until about 9:45...found out sold out around 10:30.

Appreciate the details I may swing by tomorrow morning just in case.

eyeojo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hoshnasi said:
Appreciate the details I may swing by tomorrow morning just in case.

No problem. Possibly a good omen for tomorrow: the security guard there told me they had been expecting a delivery this am, but that it didn't come...perhaps that means one tonight and new "toy" tomorrow?? Good luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts