What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple stores getting mass shipment tuesdays

Dream

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every Apple store I have talked to said they get shipments in daily at random. I have a hard time believing stores know there NOT getting shipments in today. They are probably sooooo sick of people calling asking about it they just say whatever to get you off the phone asap. Sounds dumb but im guessing this is the case.

OP
J

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So pissed right now that 4 employees and the manager said tuesday @ 9 be here. Its me and 34 people(did a head count) outside @ 8 am. The store manager says"we are out of ipad 2 thats why we have a sign" everyone said wtf "we were told today @ 9 am. Then he goes on about who told yall and he needs names so he can deal with them. Everyone got quiet because who wants a good employee that was just trying to help you get fired. So he's like well if noone can give names and some type of description. I can't help future customers.one guy was like i'm not saying because if he get fired and comes back and goes on a killstreak black ops style.its not my fault lol.so i'm back on the hunt again.

Last edited:

GUSHandGO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was going to head over to the Washington Square Mall Apple Store today here in Portland. I was there yesterday for other reasons, so I stopped by. They said, "You can always call in and we'll let you know if we have any in stock. We'll open an hour early if we do get any in."

I thought about going this morning when I heard all of these rumors. Now I'm really glad I didn't.

I have one on order from the Apple Store online and a reserve at Best Buy. If I get one, I'll just cancel the other. I can wait a few weeks. This is just ridiculous.

mynameiserich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya, no stores here in Massachusetts seem to have any either. I am just lucky I got my order in online when I did even. Still have to wait 3 weeks, but now shipment dates for new buyers is estimated at 4-5 weeks.

GUSHandGO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So pissed right now the 4 employees and the manager said tuesday @ 9 be here. Its me and 34 people(did a head count) outside @ 8 am. The store manager says"we are out of ipad 2 thats why we have a sign" everyone said wtf "we were told today @ 9 am. Then he goes on about who told yall and he needs names so he can deal with them. Everyone got quiet because who wants a good employee that was just trying to help you get fired. So he's like well if noone can give names and some type of description. I can't help future customers.one guy was like i'm not saying about because if he get fired and comes back and goes on a killstreak black ops style.its not my fault lol.so i'm back on the hunt again.

I'm confused... you said "4 employees and the manager said tuesday @ 9 be here."

Was that a different manager who then asked for names of employees? Because... if it was the same manager, I think the response should have been, "YOU told us, dipsh*t." :p

OP
J

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah I'm tired now but no this guy work had to been a team leader or assistant manager because he had control over everyone that day

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
^ Great post, thanks for that heads-up! I can't wait to get mine. I am glad for the short intermission between shipments. After researching this forum, apple support forums, and youtube, I now know that I can't use the Ipad 2 to import videos (from other sources besides Iphone cameras and Ipod cameras) into imovie. I will just get the base model. That just saved me $100 for the upgrade (32mb) plus $30 for the the camera connection kit.

Actually u can. They just have to be in mp4 format. Plus once jailbreak released for ipad2, u could easily use ifiles to move the movies/impost into proper folder.

eyeojo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jhood2323 said:
yeah I'm tired now but no this guy work had to been a team leader or assistant manager because he had control over everyone that day

Why did you write "you stole my story" about Tues delivery, Wed sales. Methinks we've been had...again

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
^ Great post, thanks for that heads-up! I can't wait to get mine. I am glad for the short intermission between shipments. After researching this forum, apple support forums, and youtube, I now know that I can't use the Ipad 2 to import videos (from other sources besides Iphone cameras and Ipod cameras) into imovie. I will just get the base model. That just saved me $100 for the upgrade (32mb) plus $30 for the the camera connection kit.

Actually u can. They just have to be in mp4 format. Plus once jailbreak released for ipad2, u could easily use ifiles to move the movies/impost into proper folder.

I am not Jail breaking it. It is an Apple product, if I can't use it effortlessly then I will still use my PC for movie editing. Oh well, just once less thing I will do on my Ipad 2 (when I get one).

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad

My apple store said today most stores will be getting a mass shipment tomorrow. All versions will be available. "so get here at least buy 9 am to insure your make and model dude"he said.

I'm just gonna wait Ill be receiving my iPad in Friday. I would have to take off from work not worth it for me

OP
J

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
they told me that 10 am monday morning . That they were getting a shipment for today

Ravynmagi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So pissed right now that 4 employees and the manager said tuesday @ 9 be here. Its me and 34 people(did a head count) outside @ 8 am.

The store manager says"we are out of ipad 2 thats why we have a sign" everyone said wtf "we were told today @ 9 am. Then he goes on about who told yall and he needs names so he can deal with them.

Everyone got quiet because who wants a good employee that was just trying to help you get fired. So he's like well if noone can give names and some type of description. I can't help future customers.

Sounds odd to me. Why protect the store employees giving out false incorrect information? That isn't helpful at all. You made an extra trip and camped out infront of a store for over an hour because of these employees. Doesn't seem they are worth saving to me.

I'd be throwing them under the bus. :p

Most reactions

Latest posts