What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Bet, goto an apple store...got mine today

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple store in the Woodfield Mall, Schaumburg, Illinois

Woke up at 8:30 (didn't shower, shave, or brush my teeth, ewwwww, also bad move, apple customers are chatty!:p), got there at 9:00 (store was already open and there was already a line of at least 30 :eek:)

About 10 minutes later the att wifi sold out. Some people left and the line shrunk a little.

9:30 they informed the line that they were sold out BUT another shipment was coming in at 10 if you want to wait. :( and :)

Next shipment arrived at around 10:00 and they started handing out vouchers. A couple of people were getting two! They should change that policy. Despite that, I got one and about another 20 people behind me got one too! :D Out the store at 10:30.

Moral of the story, go to an apple store.

By the way, an apple employee came out during all this and had an Ipad 1 and said she had this to sell :confused:, the people around me (including myself) laughed at her. lol

Also a parent wanted to buy the ipad 1 and didn't care. I know some kid is going to have a temper tantrum. :mad: lol

Good luck on the hunt!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 397

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with the "best way go to the apple store"

Who will get more Pads than Apples own store? right no one.

And i never waited in a line before, lets do it then :p

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
-shrug- Im perfectly happy waiting awhile to get the employee price at best buy and the employee price on the buy back program. That way, when the 3 comes out, I get 240 back for my ipad to put toward the ipad 3. WOOT

OP
C

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
-shrug- Im perfectly happy waiting awhile to get the employee price at best buy and the employee price on the buy back program. That way, when the 3 comes out, I get 240 back for my ipad to put toward the ipad 3. WOOT

Since you are an apple employee you should get it at Best Buy in order to get the discount. All others, go to an apple store!

OP
C

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with the "best way go to the apple store"

Who will get more Pads than Apples own store? right no one.

And i never waited in a line before, lets do it then :p

I never wait on lines either. While waiting I said I feel like a tool, the people around me laughed and agreed. :)

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well i work in the technical field service so i feel like a tool every day :p

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score

What is your discount on the iPad? I didn't think y'all got much of a discount on Apple products.

mynameiserich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is how I ended up getting my iPad 2 this morning. I worked til 1 am last night, tried to sleep, which did not happen, left wt 330 am, drove an hour, got in line at 445 as the 7th person, and waited a longgggg time. Around 8 when the apple employee came out she announced that they unfortunately only had 15 iPads. Well, since they allow two iPads per person, and there was a group of 4 in the front of the line with the intent of buying two each to specifically sell (they paid in cash which was elasticed together in their pockets (fresh $100 bills of course), that eliminated 8 right of the bat. When it got to me they had a couple white 64gb Verizon models, and a black 32 gb wifi only. My preference was the black wifi 64 gb, but decided to cope with the 32, and finnnnaaalllyy for my iPad 2!! There were about 50 other people behind us that went home disappointed, but if you REALLY need an iPad at this point get to apple really early and get in line.

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is how I ended up getting my iPad 2 this morning. I worked til 1 am last night, tried to sleep, which did not happen, left wt 330 am, drove an hour, got in line at 445 as the 7th person, and waited a longgggg time. Around 8 when the apple employee came out she announced that they unfortunately only had 15 iPads. Well, since they allow two iPads per person, and there was a group of 4 in the front of the line with the intent of buying two each to specifically sell (they paid in cash which was elasticed together in their pockets (fresh $100 bills of course), that eliminated 8 right of the bat. When it got to me they had a couple white 64gb Verizon models, and a black 32 gb wifi only. My preference was the black wifi 64 gb, but decided to cope with the 32, and finnnnaaalllyy for my iPad 2!! There were about 50 other people behind us that went home disappointed, but if you REALLY need an iPad at this point get to apple really early and get in line.

Seems like i dont get any sleep between thursday and friday xD

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Only $240 back? Is this for lowest end iPad 2?

AE1M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, I've had it with this Apple bull business policy. Not stocking product, no one will take an order, stand in line for hours? You guys are idiots. Why would anyone in their right human mind put up with a company with this type of business plan and attitude. I will get an iPad later, the local stores can put their business practices where the sun don't shine.

May be my one and only Apple product, someday. Lotsa hype, no product availability to keep prices high and not allow discounting.

Bob

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, I've had it with this Apple bull business policy. Not stocking product, no one will take an order, stand in line for hours? You guys are idiots. Why would anyone in their right human mind put up with a company with this type of business plan and attitude. I will get an iPad later, the local stores can put their business practices where the sun don't shine.

May be my one and only Apple product, someday. Lotsa hype, no product availability to keep prices high and not allow discounting.

Bob

Any business policy that allows a company to sell as many million products that they can produce worldwide, and customers stand in long lines to pay full price and are happy to do so...is a pretty good business policy.

I stood in line for 2 hours, talking to nice people, sipping free Pete's coffee, and have been enjoying my awesome iPad 2 for the past week. Why does that make me an idiot?

The Hooded Claw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wednesday I could have bought a Verizon 32 gig at our Apple store, but declined and felt foolish later. Thursday I bought a 32 gig wifi ( which was exactly what I wanted!) at a Target store. They had received six that morning and had two left when I was there at Noon. The clerk said they were only receiving wifi models.

Most reactions

Latest posts