What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Store 3G Reservation Policy

rmcsteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Day 11, still nothing. By the reports on others experiences perhaps 2 weeks is the magic number. I hate the thought that apple employees might be responsible for grey market sales. It's hard enough to get one of these damn things as it is.

jasong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my email Saturday morning after a 9 day wait.

I pretty much used it on and off all day and around 1am Sunday the battery was dead. Good times indeed. :D

racrac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my email Saturday morning after a 9 day wait.

I pretty much used it on and off all day and around 1am Sunday the battery was dead. Good times indeed. :D

Which city/store is this? Mine has been on the waitlist for 5 days now :(

rmcsteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Woo hoo!! Finally got my email at 11:47 am today (Sunday) after being on the list for a total of 12 days. Plan to pick it up later and get dinner at the mall too!

Hoppesangen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I called to be put on the reserve list for the 32GB Wi-Fi + 3G iPad at The Falls in Miami on May 12th. No email yet. i checked Best Buy and they have a 64 GB 3G iPad. I'm about to go buy that one instead.

iWags

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Put my reservation in on 5/12 around noon.
Received email on Sat 5/22 at 9:07AM stating my iPad was ready to be picked up.
Picked it up today.
Did have many looks from people in store when they brought out the iPad. One comment to the Genius was "Hey, that guy over there said you didn't have any iPads...what gives" Ha...the Genius said, "sir, you have to make a reservation"

I would have never dreamed of already upgrading...to the 3G version. So, now I have two iPads! My brother is begging me to buy my WiFi only version.

Hoppesangen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Picked it up today.
Did have many looks from people in store when they brought out the iPad. One comment to the Genius was "Hey, that guy over there said you didn't have any iPads...what gives" Ha...the Genius said, "sir, you have to make a reservation"

I would have never dreamed of already upgrading...to the 3G version. So, now I have two iPads! My brother is begging me to buy my WiFi only version.

I guess I have a few more days left to wait then :)

racrac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Picked it up today.

I guess I have a few more days left to wait then :)

So after hours of trawling Craigslist, I found someone ready to sell the 16Gig+3G ipad for 0 premium because they had upgraded to a 64 Gig!!!!! I was there in a flash and picked it up before they changed their mind!!!! Watching Youtube on it now....what a sweet little toy :)

I still have my reservation for a 32 gig 3G made on 18th...guess I'll gift it to a friend and earn some brownie points :D

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So after hours of trawling Craigslist, I found someone ready to sell the 16Gig+3G ipad for 0 premium because they had upgraded to a 64 Gig!!!!! I was there in a flash and picked it up before they changed their mind!!!! Watching Youtube on it now....what a sweet little toy :)

I still have my reservation for a 32 gig 3G made on 18th...guess I'll gift it to a friend and earn some brownie points :D

You may want to use this one to tide you over until the 32GB comes in - the extra space doesn't hurt! There's a reason the seller went to max capacity, after all. ;)

Brad Groux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bradgroux.com

You may want to use this one to tide you over until the 32GB comes in - the extra space doesn't hurt! There's a reason the seller went to max capacity, after all. ;)

With Air Video and Pandora I don't have a need for all of the extra space... 16GB is fine by me, and it leaves me money to buy more apps :p

racrac

iPF Noob
Reaction score

With Air Video and Pandora I don't have a need for all of the extra space... 16GB is fine by me, and it leaves me money to buy more apps :p

Hmmmm....I'll look more into Air Video and Pandora. Plus this is more of a gift for my wife...she's not really into music, so am hoping she wont use it for storing a lot of that. She'll probably use it to surf, play around with the apps, watch movies, and travel with

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought one off of the online store instead. Don't have time to go back to legacy place for a while.

I ordered one from the online store too - it is in Memphis finally - it was in Hong Kong for awhile and I was hitting reload obsessively - they say it should be delivered by Monday - but I am hoping for quicker - hey a girl can hope can't she ...:eek:
What day did you place your order? And if you don't mind me asking, your order number? I ordered a 3G 16GB on the 1st. Still waiting to ship. You can see my details above in my 1st post.

I ordered mine on the 19 of May and they gave a delivery date of 8 June.:(

zoofan1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
reserved, then lost reservation

Went in with my Dad and we both reserved on 5/12...3G 16gB. Of course they told us 3-5 days 7 tops, definitely faster than ordering online. ;) I'm not even that upset about that, maybe they knew, maybe they didn't. What grinds my gears is that we called today because Dad is going out of town tomorrow and we wanted to see if he gets his email, I could go pick it up for him...well. He's no longer on the list! Just poof! not there. No email sent, and I'm still "down the list." Which means they CAN tell the order and how many people are above/below you. She wouldn't tell us where I was on the list of course, but she could "see there are people below you." :mad::mad::mad:

rmcsteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zoofan,

Can your dad produce the original confirmation email? I received one the night I placed my reservation in store. I would think that if you could bring that in and show someone at the store the manager could probably bend the rules and sell your dad one on the spot.

Most reactions

Latest posts