Apple Ripped Me Off

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by thecaptain, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exile

exile
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    +1

Research is key :) should have known what the playing field is like other than just going in for a purchase

2. freebirdforever

freebirdforever
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, Captain. But it is kind of your fault there for not doing further research into the iPad. 5 weeks ago, no one knew when the iPad 3 would be announced, let alone released.

3. slrank

slrank
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    They arnt aloud to tell you because they don't know forsure themselves when or if it will be released so it's your fault not there's you should have done your research

4. Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    So, if you JUST bought the iPad2, return it (or if that is not possible due to store policies, SELL it outright)... then order the newest iPad.

I don't see this as being "Apple's" problem or issue.

I mean, I (and every other person following Apple's tech) knew there was a new iPad coming this year back in December 2011 - yet, I still went for & bought the iPad2 64G at that time.... why? Because, I WANTED it...

Plus, after the newest "unveiling" of the newest iPad yesterday, personally, I don't see any MAJOR revisions that would cause me to want to buy one NOW... It's pretty much an iPad 2"S"... LMAO... The iPad2 just came out, what, last year - and now all the sudden Apple is pushing out another new iPad so close to the last release - really makes no sense, especially with hardly any MAJOR revisions. I don't call a revised resolution, some memory and camera tweeks major... (oh and 4g over 3g - even that does not matter to me - because I don't need or use the "g" signal anway, so it was never even a thought for me as to what model I wanted or needed... WiFi is easily accessible in my area).

Wait another year or longer and the next iPad will be out then and most likely with major revisions... LOL

#14 Cobra Jet, Mar 8, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  5. tlbaker

tlbaker
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    How long have you been on this forum? iPad 3 is all we talked about here at the very earliest January 2012.

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 Tethered to iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF

6. thecaptain

thecaptain
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I really can't believe this - you all are backing Apple. I see from your locations that most of you are not from Australia where we believe in giving people a fair go and being honest with each other. Wouldn't the world be a better place if we all did this.

You talk about doing research well I did - the old fashion way by talking to the so called experts - this is what keeps people employed. I wanted to buy some form of small tablet so visited many stores to compare specs and prices. When looking at an ASUS Tablet the salesperson was honest and said to leave my purchase for two weeks when a special deal would be out (on ASUS) but after talking to an Apple person decided to go their way.

Having said all this, I am very happy with my I Pad 2 but really wish there was an end to Corporate greed and everyone is given a fair go.

7. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    While it apparent that most people are not sympathetic to the OPs fustration, let us not get too carried away with our piling on the criticism. He is venting, and should have learned a lesson from this. Just like most of us have learned expensive lessons about not taking things for granted.

Thecaptain; sales people are not experts. They are trained to be helpful in deciding what piece of equipment within their inventory, is right for your needs. Even if the salesperson had known, which they didn't, they had no information on the iPad 3rd gen. If they had said anything, it could have been a lie, and that would have been wrong. Many of the people here are more knowledgable about iPads than the majority of sales people. Take note that while most of the posters have sympathized with you, they are united in where they place the blame. It has nothing to do with where you live, but with being reasonable about expectations. Apple is probably the best there is about customer care, but only within reason.

#17 Seadog, Mar 8, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  8. exile

exile
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    To the op. That's just the way how Apple likes to do things.. being very discrete about up coming new products.. some companies like to throw it out on the table and be open about. Not Apple though. What can you do... :beer:

9. iLloyd

iLloyd
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    A simple google search would have been a good idea.

10. michali

michali
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    It is not only on this forum that we heard there was to be another iPad sometime early this year. The news has been out for ages! I chose to buy my iPad 2 just before Christmas even though I knew I should or could wait for the next one to come out. I guess it is worth trying to exchange yours but really feel you have not been looking online much or you would have known. Best of luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.