Apple Releases iOS 10.3.1 Update

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Apr 3, 2017.

By Maura on Apr 3, 2017 at 2:31 PM
  1. Maura

Maura
    Expand Collapse
    iPadForums News Team

Thanks Received:
    Apple releases iOS 10.3.1.JPG

9to5 Mac reports that Apple has today released iOS 10.3.1, which brings back support for 32-bit devices, as well as featuring other bug fixes.

When iOS 10.3 was released it did not support 32-bit devices, but that has now been rectified with the latest update, which restores 32-bit device support for iPhone 5 and iPhone 5c. Last week Apple released the iOS 10.3.2 beta 1 for developers. At that time one might have been forgiven for thinking that Apple had missed out on iOS 10.3.1 entirely, but now the reason for the jump to iOS 10.3.2 has been made clear.

Apple’s limited release notes state that the update also fixes a Wi-Fi vulnerability that was found by Gal Beniamini of Google Project Zero, whereby a person with malicious intent that was in range would be able to execute “arbitrary code on the Wi-Fi chip.” Describing how it fixed the vulnerability, Apple said that “a stack buffer overflow was addressed through improved input validation.”

Source: Apple releases iOS 10.3.1 with bug fixes & improved security for iPhone & iPad, incl. 32-bit devices

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List

Comments

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Apr 3, 2017.

1. twerppoet
      twerppoet
      It's the new home button's fault. Since there's no physical switch (just some pressure sensitivity that requires the device to already be on), all new devices with the new taptic home button use the new Reset button combo.
    2. Marlb10
      Marlb10
      Yes and its actually good. Same goes for the screenshot thingy, but for that I have turned on my assistive touch. With assisitive touch on, iphone is very handy!
    3. twerppoet
      twerppoet
      Yes. I like the new button as well. I look forward to seeing them on iPads.
    4. Marlb10
      Marlb10
      yeah same here man. That'd be nice.
    5. Marlb10
      Marlb10
      Btw, the new iPad which is out, the Pro version with 10.5 inch of screen. Does that have the same new iPhone sensor button?