What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS v4.3.1 Released!

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ios_4_3_1.jpg

Apple has just released an update for iOS! The new version, v4.3.1 contains minor fixes and improvements such as:

- Fixes an occasional graphics glitch on iPod touch (4th generation)
- Resolves bugs related to activating and connecting to some cellular networks
- Fixes image flicker when using Apple Digital AV Adapter with some TVs
- Resolves an issue authenticating with some enterprise web services

Note, the iOS 4.3.1 is only available for the GSM iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 2, iPad, and the third- and fourth-generation iPod touch. Be sure to let us know if the update fixes or breaks anything not mentioned :)

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did iOS 4.3.1 Enable Gestures

Per my note above, can someone check and see if the iPad's Multitasking Gestures was enabled with iOS 4.3? Since I already have it I can't tell. :confused:

• Swipe four or five fingers—to the left or to the right—to navigate through open applications.

• Swipe four fingers up to access the running apps tray and playback buttons, including Airplay controls.

• Pinch with all your fingers to go to the home screen from any app, without touching your home button.

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
richsadams said:
Per my note above, can someone check and see if the iPad's Multitasking Gestures was enabled with iOS 4.3? Since I already have it I can't tell. :confused:

• Swipe four or five fingers—to the left or to the right—to navigate through open applications.

• Swipe four fingers up to access the running apps tray and playback buttons, including Airplay controls.

• Pinch with all your fingers to go to the home screen from any app, without touching your home button.

On iOS 4.3, multitasking gestures were not enabled. I am not sure about iOS 4.3.1. I enabled multitasking gestures after I installed 4.3.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, so how did you get used to them if they aren't yet available?
If you have a Mac it's fairly easy:

Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide

After the installation power down your iPad completely and restart it. Everything will be working fine, multitasking gestures and all.

XCode uses up a good deal of space, so if you're not planning on using it later it can be uninstalled. Copy this command and paste it in Terminal window then hit enter:

sudo /Developer/Library/uninstall-devtools --mode=all

It will ask for your password, enter it. (Note: You cannot see your password while typing it in Terminal, so just type your admin password and hit enter.) Then it will search for the "Developer" folder and uninstall completely. After it finishes type "exit" (w/o the quotes), hit enter then close terminal window.

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the iPad 2 on 4.3 and I enabled Gestures using windows! Without X-code! You must first download something called iBackupBot (it's free) on your PC. I wish I could post the link, but I just started this account here and am not allowed yet. The site that has instructions is icopybot.com

Most reactions

Latest posts