What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5.1.1 Released

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did iPhone 4S, touch 4, iPad 1 and 2. No noticeable difference. One hiccup while updating OTA -- one iPad had two little juice left, so had to plug it in. Still have to do my husband's iPhone 4 and iPad 1.

Jenningsville

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Updated my 3rd gen iPad OTA... first time I'd done an OTA... simples, went like a dream... all done in 10 mins or so.

Big difference I noticed afterwards was in 3G reception... I've had bad experiences with the internet dropping when going up the motorway (err... not me driving... dont panic). But now after upgrading to 5.1.1 it works much better... must be the 2G/3G switching thing that they've fixed.

For 5.1.2... pls Mr Apple... can we have full Siri on the New iPad?

uncle joe87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ChristianPerello said:
Call apple support. Because it is working just fine.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

U can use redsnow to downgrade your ios

twistr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have noticed my wifi disconnects all the time now. I have to go into settings and reconnect to my home wifi after every time I wake my iPad up. This only started happening after the upgrade. And sometimes it take two or three attempt to reconnect. I know it's not my network because I have several other devices connected as before flawlessly.

sdemirel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
poor wifi reception problem seems to be corrected also

but now it is eating up battery very fast

Nortybigboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ChristianPerello said:
Mine didn't start acting up till a couple of days after the update.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Yep yet again an update that fixes a couple of minor issues and creates a whole host of more serious ones, well done Apple!!!!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Upgraded my husband's iDevices, too. So did a total of two iPads, two iPhones and a touch 4 without prob. Have been using my iDevices since, without noticeable difference.

Most reactions