Apple Releases iOS 10.3.1 Update

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Apr 3, 2017.

By Maura on Apr 3, 2017 at 2:31 PM
  1. Maura

Maura
    Expand Collapse
    iPadForums News Team

Thanks Received:
    Apple releases iOS 10.3.1.JPG

9to5 Mac reports that Apple has today released iOS 10.3.1, which brings back support for 32-bit devices, as well as featuring other bug fixes.

When iOS 10.3 was released it did not support 32-bit devices, but that has now been rectified with the latest update, which restores 32-bit device support for iPhone 5 and iPhone 5c. Last week Apple released the iOS 10.3.2 beta 1 for developers. At that time one might have been forgiven for thinking that Apple had missed out on iOS 10.3.1 entirely, but now the reason for the jump to iOS 10.3.2 has been made clear.

Apple’s limited release notes state that the update also fixes a Wi-Fi vulnerability that was found by Gal Beniamini of Google Project Zero, whereby a person with malicious intent that was in range would be able to execute “arbitrary code on the Wi-Fi chip.” Describing how it fixed the vulnerability, Apple said that “a stack buffer overflow was addressed through improved input validation.”

Source: Apple releases iOS 10.3.1 with bug fixes & improved security for iPhone & iPad, incl. 32-bit devices

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List

Comments

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Marlb10
      Marlb10
      have you guys used the newer version of iOS?
    2. J. A.
      J. A.
      Which newer version?
      10.3.1 is still the latest iOS version.
    3. Thomas1977
      Thomas1977
      Yep 10.3.1 is what we are at now at least it was the last I looked.
    4. Marlb10
      Marlb10
      I was referring to 10.3.1 only.
    5. giradman
      giradman
      @ Marlb10 - many of us have certainly updated to that version (10.3.1) - what is your question(s)?
    6. Marlb10
      Marlb10
      Yeah now the question - My iPhone 7 plus and iPhone 5 both are updated to 10.3.1, the first 2 weeks were very smooth as I said earlier that my iPhone is running very smoothly and this update is glitch free and all, untill last few weeks, when apps like Snapchat, iMessages, and Photos library folder started to crash.

I feel my iPhone 7 plus is underperforming, I am facing some speed issues here.
    7. giradman
      giradman
      Hi again and thanks for the information - for starters and if not already done, try a RESET (i.e. hold both HOME & ON-OFF buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - may take 10 sec or so - then release and allow your device to reboot) - let us know if this helps. Also, this was originally posted in the Apple iPad News forum, kind of a FYI site - next time I would suggest starting your own thread in an appropriate forum - you'll likely receive more attention. Dave :)
    8. giradman
      giradman
      Please ignore my RESET instructions for your iPhone 7 - my wife has an iPhone 6 and after I do updates/upgrades I always perform a reset using the method described previously; apparently Apple has change the process for the new iPhone, i.e. "Press and hold down the volume down button on the left side of your iPhone 7 while still holding down the On/Off button. Keep holding both buttons down for 10 seconds" - sorry for any confusion, my ignorance of the changed made - Dave :)
    9. NSquirrel
      NSquirrel
      10.3.2 security update just arrived on my ipad
    10. Marlb10
      Marlb10
      Yes I did a reset. It was slow but after like 2 to 3 days it got back to normal. I don't know what was causing speed issue, capacity is 128gb and I am not even half way there. Some apps updates and then it went all laggy!

All good now. Thanks!

Yeah definitely will post a new thread for issues like these. Thanks