What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Officially Releases iOS 6 for the other iPhones, the iPod Touch, and the iPad

k7lvo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've upgraded a 4s and an iPad 3. Both of them went quickly and painlessly. 15 minutes after I tapped the Upgrade button my iPad was running on 6. The iPhone was almost as quick.

shaunburrell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently installed the latest update ios6 and my youtube app is missing any ideas on how to get it back as when I go on youtube on zafari it doesn't work thanks

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
shaunburrell said:
I recently installed the latest update ios6 and my youtube app is missing any ideas on how to get it back as when I go on youtube on zafari it doesn't work thanks

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I've heard the the iPhone YouTube app works on the iPad....so that may be your best bet until the iPad YouTube app is released.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
shaunburrell said:

YouTube is no longer part of iOS now it has been upgraded to version 6. There is a new YouTube iPad app in production but whilst we await its arrival you can download the YouTube App for iPhone from the App Store.

The Archangel

shaunburrell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
YouTube is no longer part of iOS now it has been upgraded to version 6. There is a new YouTube iPad app in production but whilst we await its arrival you can download the YouTube App for iPhone from the App Store.

The Archangel

Thank you for your help

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
shaunburrell said:
Oh and do you have a rough idea when the new youtube app will be out thank you

I'm afraid not but I'm sure that it won't be long. I am assured that the iPhone YouTube App works fine on the iPad though.

The Archangel

Zenobia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has heard so much bad evidence about the apple maps app that they are refusing to download the new iOS until it's decent? I mean, I know the obvious workaround to use google maps on safari, but it's not the same as the app with the browser bars and tabs etc. taking up an inch of my (ipad2) screen. I'm also curious, is the apple maps app as horrible everywhere else as it is in NYC where it can't even tell Manhattan from Brooklyn? For me, the worst part about it is that, while it indicates on the map where a subway stop is located, it doesn't tell you what subway line it is! Useless! Does it even give public transit directions at all? Utterly and completely useless for NYC, the biggest city in the nation by more than twice the next-largest city. It's not just useless but laughable.

lynneyoung

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi can anyone post a link to get an app to get back YouTube please I have been trying all afternoon and can't find it.

Also since I did the update today films I have downloaded onto the iPad from my PC will run but the sound has gone can anyone give me idiot proof instructions please as I am new to all this

Thanks in advance

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi can anyone post a link to get an app to get back YouTube please I have been trying all afternoon and can't find it.

Also since I did the update today films I have downloaded onto the iPad from my PC will run but the sound has gone can anyone give me idiot proof instructions please as I am new to all this

Thanks in advance
YouTube app link: YouTube for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Most reactions

Latest posts