What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App updates

Bob.marion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For some unknown reason when I click to update Apps now, I am directed to the USA App site with a message stating I
am not registered with this site and need to use the UK ITunes/App store. I cannot find any way of doing this in settings
or elsewhere.
Can anyone suggest a route please?

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sounds like you were using some kind of IP address changing app like an VPN or an anonymous browser. This happened to me when I visited the App Store with VPN on with an UK address. I turned on location, turned VPN off and did reboot. The UK add. Was actually faster.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
For some unknown reason when I click to update Apps now, I am directed to the USA App site with a message stating I am not registered with this site and need to use the UK ITunes/App store. I cannot find any way of doing this in settings or elsewhere. Can anyone suggest a route please?
Go to App Store - Featured. Scroll down to your Apple ID, tap it and sign out. Then sign in again, choose "Existings Apple ID". You should be directed to your country's store again.

What you experienced often happens when you follow a link from another country's App Store.

OP
B

Bob.marion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to App Store - Featured. Scroll down to your Apple ID, tap it and sign out. Then sign in again, choose "Existings Apple ID". You should be directed to your country's store again.

What you experienced often happens when you follow a link from another country's App Store.

Thank you J.A I have tried to follow your instructions but on the update Apps screen I can find no mention of an Apple ID so cannot proceed further. At the bottom of the Apps screen are just the headings, Featured,Top Charts, Near Me,
Purchased, and Updates. When I click on updates I get the list of Apps to be updated. Clicking on any individual App gives me the message, Account not in this store. Your account is not valid for use in US store. You must switch to the UK store before purchasing.
If I click on the App icon on the desktop I am directed to the same US store screen as I now find myself on trying to update Apps. Have you any further suggestions please.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you J.A I have tried to follow your instructions but on the update Apps screen I can find no mention of an Apple ID so cannot proceed further. At the bottom of the Apps screen are just the headings, Featured,Top Charts, Near Me, Purchased, and Updates. When I click on updates I get the list of Apps to be updated. Clicking on any individual App gives me the message, Account not in this store. Your account is not valid for use in US store. You must switch to the UK store before purchasing. If I click on the App icon on the desktop I am directed to the same US store screen as I now find myself on trying to update Apps. Have you any further suggestions please.
You have to go to Featured, not Updates. There you'll find your Apple ID and can follow my procedure. image-3334029309.jpg
Also possible:
Go to Settings - iTunes & App Store. There you'll find your Apple ID as well.

image-659786746.jpg

You'll have to enter your password, then choose "Sign out":

image-4272650816.jpg

Same as before: sign in again, choose "Use existing Apple ID", enter your Apple ID and password. You'll be directed to your country.

Last edited:
OP
B

Bob.marion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Success

You have to go to Featured, not Updates. There you'll find your Apple ID and can follow my procedure. View attachment 52772
Also possible:
Go to Settings - iTunes & App Store. There you'll find your Apple ID as well.

View attachment 52774

You'll have to enter your password, then choose "Sign out":

View attachment 52775

Same as before: sign in again, choose "Use existing Apple ID", enter your Apple ID and password. You'll be directed to your country.

Total success, followed your instructions and they worked first time. I am very,very grateful. Thank you so much.

Most reactions

Latest posts