What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cancel app updates?

sandiewk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, had a message saying some apps needed to be updated so I clicked on "update all". Now I have messages saying I don't have enough space to update any of them but the apps are now not functioning. Any ideas anyone?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, had a message saying some apps needed to be updated so I clicked on "update all". Now I have messages saying I don't have enough space to update any of them but the apps are now not functioning. Any ideas anyone?
If the update has not finished, swipe to the left over the update progress icon on the update page, the update button will re-appear and the update will be cancelled.

OP
S

sandiewk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the update has not finished, swipe to the left over the update progress icon on the update page, the update button will re-appear and the update will be cancelled.
Thanks I'll try that!

OP
S

sandiewk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks I'll try that!
Unfortunately I was too late so I deleted a couple of apps from the Settings. and Reset Home Screen Layout. The only app that didn't work afterwards was Ebooks so I just deleted it, downloaded it again and downloaded my books again. More luck than judgement. Thanks for your help.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm glad you finally got things straightened out. In future, if you try to keep some free storage space on your iPad, you'll hopefully not run into this problem again.

OP
S

sandiewk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trouble
I'm glad you finally got things straightened out. In future, if you try to keep some free storage space on your iPad, you'll hopefully not run into this problem again.
is,
Trouble is, I don't know how to create more space on my Ipad! .I bought some motr icloud storage space only to discover that didn't help!

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Trouble

is,

Trouble is, I don't know how to create more space on my Ipad! .I bought some motr icloud storage space only to discover that didn't help!

Well since adding more RAM storage to your device is not an option, the only way to create more space is to remove apps that you don't use, remove or reduce the number of photos or music you keep on your device.

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

OP
S

sandiewk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well since adding more RAM storage to your device is not an option, the only way to create more space is to remove apps that you don't use, remove or reduce the number of photos or music you keep on your device.

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
Thanks, I was afraid that would be the case so I'll have to bite the bullet and decide which apps I can do without!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you use the Facebook app, it's notorious for caching huge amounts of data. Periodically deleting the app and re-installing it will get rid of that cached data and free up some storage space. Mail is another app that can have large amounts of cached data, usually from downloaded email attachments. Deleting and re-installing the email accounts will clean up this cached data as well. If you have a large amount of photos on your iPad, you may want to consider storing most of them somewhere else to free up space on the iPad.

Last edited:
OP
S

sandiewk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you use the Facebook app, it's notorious for caching huge amounts of data. Periodically deleting the app and re-installing it will get rudolf that cached data and free up some storage space. Mail is another app that can have large amounts of cached data, usually from downloaded email attachments. Deleting and re-installing the email accounts will clean up this cached data as well. If you have a large amount of photos on your iPad, you may want to consider storing most of them somewhere else to free up space on the iPad.
Didn't know that about Facebook and Mail. great suggestions, thanks, will try that straight away!

Most reactions

Latest posts